Document Specialist - Risk Architecture
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
As an insurer, managing risk is central to what we do. Our ambition is for IAG to be 'leading' in risk management, as we are in so many other elements of our business. It goes to the heart of our purpose: we make your world a safer place.
This role is an opportunity to make a difference within one of IAG's largest programs of work - Project rQ (Risk Intelligence). At IAG we are uplifting our risk maturity by conducting a top-to-bottom overhaul across our organisation, where we'll all challenge ourselves and each other to raise our risk maturity.
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to be part of the RA&G team and support the efficient and effective management of risk framework artefacts in the Group.
The Document Specialist will facilitate, oversee and provide support and governance regarding the risk architecture artefacts, including policies, frameworks, risk and control libraries, the risk glossary and provide assistance for various committees, forums and meetings.
This role is an advocate for assisting with risk maturity uplift and improvement in risk culture across the Group. A critical success factor for the role is ability to engage broadly and communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders within IAG to influence a practical understanding of risk management. Key Responsibilities
Policies and Frameworks:
- Assists with the facilitation of risk policies, procedures and practices across the Group.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintains documentation for the Risk Architecture & Governance team (on the intranet and The Library) e.g. existing systems, processes and content in conjunction with the business stakeholders.
- Maintains and assists with the development of a user friendly and accessible risk glossary.
- Gathers information, produce and analyse reports in order to provide informed recommendations to stakeholders.
- Supports the uplift of risk maturity across the Group via participation in the rQ program deliverables and the business partnering model with the business unit risk representatives.
- Assists with the facilitation of various workshops, such as risks and controls to support the adoption and understanding of the libraries.
- Supports others to understand risk documentation, including policies and risk, control libraries and the risk glossary to uplift capability and maturity.
- Support development and delivery of risk artefacts with the Risk Architecture & Governance team in line with internal and external standards.
- Support the governance of risk and control libraries.
- Support the business with their content initiatives and assist with upskilling content owners to develop and own their content.
- Maintain risk's published policy library on the intranet (governance, version control, consistent formatting, editing for clear content).
- Maintain risk and control libraries and the risk glossary.
- Provide reporting as requested.
Governance & Risk:
- Governance through adherence to Group policies.
- Quality Assurance through adherence to industry standards.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrate Closer, Braver, Faster and live by the values of our spirit.
- Ensure a workplace of safety and wellbeing for our people.
- Extensive Experience in document and knowledge management
- Experience in general insurance or financial services industry, and exposure to risk management or compliance role - essential
- Analytical thinking - knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organisational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business
- Global Perspective - Knowledge of issues, opportunities, and challenges for conducting business in the international marketplace; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Insurance Industry - Knowledge of the insurance industry's trends, directions, major issues, and regulatory considerations; ability to apply insurance knowledge and experience into various business environments.
- Business Acumen - Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance. We also have interest in general insurance joint ventures in Malaysia and India.
Our purpose is to make your world a safer place. It is underpinned by our belief that we can make tomorrow safer than it is today for all of the people who count on us. We can make a difference that helps people, communities and society prosper. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications Close Thursday 2nd April.
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.