See job description for details
Your Team responsibilities
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Llc, is seeking to expand its Client Coverage Team for Australia, with a commercially driven and result oriented individual. MSCI ESG Research is a fast growing business and our clients span some of the world's largest banks, hedge funds, pension funds and asset managers. In this exciting and dynamic environment, you are responsible as an MSCI ESG Sales Specialist for maintaining existing client relationships as well as new business development. This Sales position is aimed at expanding and increasing the usage of the industry-leading suite of products and services that support the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into investment decisions.
In addition to the management of senior level relationships, the role also demands a consummate relationship builder, both internally and externally, in order to drive sales and hit revenue targets. Key to this role is the creation and timely execution of pipeline, which the sales specialist takes full ownership of. In this role, individuals will work very closely with global Client Service, Marketing, Legal, Product Management, and Finance / billing departments. What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
Your key responsibilities -
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel -
- Achieve forecasted revenue, renewal and profitability goals
- Grow commercial relationships and execute up-sales with existing clients
- Identify opportunities and close sales to new prospects
- Ability to advice and consult clients and prospects on different ESG strategies, particularly ESG integration
- Undertake detailed revenue reporting and forecasting
- Grow networks and attend relevant industry events
- Work with the wider sales group to achieve cross-segment opportunities and synergies from information sharing and collaboration
- Communication of market developments to marketing and product team
- Support development of sales and support literature
- Monitor and manage customer satisfaction and retention for a demanding investor client group
How we'll support you
- Recent experience in managing sales effort against a quantitative objective
- Excellent track record in developing new business and growing established revenue streams
- Experience in a commercial/sales position in financial services
- Good understanding of the ESG market and how ESG factors impact the investment process would be advantageous
- Experience of this within the SRI/ESG industries is a plus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent networking and inter-personal skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Absolute personal and business integrity
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, customer orientated thinker with strong consultative sales drive
- A team builder and player with emotional and professional maturity
- A commercially minded individual with drive and capacity to manage a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Oral and written fluency in English required
About MSCI and our teams:
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.