Employment Tax Manager- 6 month Contract
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 24 Apr 18
See job description for details
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Great opportunity to use technology and innovation to provide value to clients
KPMG's Tax division are looking for a highly talented Employment Tax Manager to join our growing People Services team. As a key part of our new Delivery and Data Excellence offering, our People Services business is combining technology with tax expertise to provide clients with high quality employment tax services. If you want to make a difference, are innovative and forward-thinking, this role is perfect for the next step up in your career.
Your new role
The purpose of your new role will be to deliver tax technical expertise on matters impacting our clients employment tax obligations. You will have responsibility for managing the key employment tax obligations of our clients using technology and automation to deliver high quality tax services, focussed on fringe benefits tax matters. You will also have the opportunity to manage and deliver expatriate tax services, including expatriate tax returns, shadow payroll calculations and compensation analysis.
There are permanent full time and 3-6 month fixed term roles available.
Your role will involve:
- Leveraging data delivery tools and technology to provide value and deliver tax services in an accurate and timely manner
- Innovate and support continuous improvement initiatives in compliance and processing based activities
- Provide thought leadership, counselling and training to junior staff to enhance technical and work management skills
- Project management of large engagements including reporting and presenting achievement of key performance indicators
- Project management of fringe benefits tax compliance services including process development, stakeholder engagement, training and technical service delivery
- Ensure tax compliance deliverables are technically accurate and prepared to a high standard on a timely basis, finalised and submitted within agreed timeframes
- Work with other groups and stakeholders to ensure the smooth execution of all compliance activities
- Tertiary qualification in related discipline and CTA or CA qualification preferred
- Have gained experience within a Professional Services firm or large corporate organisation
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative and influencing skills and the ability to motivate and develop high performing teams
- A leadership approach and previous experience mentoring junior staff
- An honest and ethical approach to business which will provide a natural fit with KPMG's values
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 26 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 17 May 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time