Utilitise your technical and analytical skills in a fast-paced and dynamic environment supporting ASIC's regulatory outcomes.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Evidence Services team is responsible for the processing, analysis and management of evidence collected by ASIC. The team provides a consulting service to analyse and manage evidence using various databases and litigation tools to assist enforcement and stakeholder teams to locate and present the evidence to a court or other decision-making body.
- Provide timely and accurate processing, filtering, exporting and storing of evidentiary material collected by ASIC utilising a range of document management and litigation support systems in accordance with established guidelines.
- Undertake evidence processing tasks including, data import/export and electronic file remediation using early case assessment and litigation support tools such as NUIX, Ringtail, Access Data and related technologies.
- Assist with the preparation, compilation and reproduction of documents and briefs for court and manage workflow systems in accordance with service level expectations.
- Maintain continuity of evidence whilst receiving, storing, maintaining, retrieving and disposing of evidence and information in accordance with established evidence management and manual handling guidelines.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to internal clients in relation to evidentiary material and document management processes.
- Work in collaboration with other teams within Evidence Services.
- Comply with document control, privacy and security principles and guides relating to the handling of confidential information so that ASIC meets all its legal obligations in relation to evidence management.
- Knowledge and understanding of document control, evidence management and archival procedures, document management systems, litigation support systems (Ringtail, Relativity) and eDiscovery systems.
- Experience analysing and interpreting complex information on data bases to provide solutions or advice to clients gained in a legal records or information management environment, government agency or enforcement agency.
- Experience using a variety of software applications simultaneously including Microsoft Office and databases to process, store retrieve and report information.
- Demonstrated experience in a legal/consulting practice or law enforcement agency, with a strong emphasis on technology or evidence-based skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to utilise relational database systems such as Access or SQL.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC’s vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people’s money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC’s vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC’s Personnel Security Team.
Click ‘apply' to submit your application by 12 April 2020.