Excel/VBA Financial Solutions Specialist
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
In a world where information matters, Bloomberg gives influential decision makers a competitive edge. Our core product is the Bloomberg Professional Service, or "the Terminal." Every single day, the Terminal powers more than 320,000 subscribers globally to move markets. But to keep connecting our clients to a dynamic network of news, people, and ideas, we need a constant flow of energy and innovation. That's where you come in!
Who we are:
The Desktop Build Group is a team which works very closely with Bloomberg's Sales and Product departments to help in growing our clients' dependency on our product by building desktop solutions revolving primarily around our Excel APIs. Projects that the team work on include assisting our clients in the migration of their worksheets from competitor-linked products to Bloomberg data, building sophisticated models that fill a specific product gap as well as help Product Development drive product prototypes and improvements.
What's the role?
Bloomberg is looking for a qualified financial application developer with a solid understanding of the financial markets to be based in Sydney, as part of our growing Desktop Build Group in Asia Pacific. The Desktop Build Group is a resource that works closely with Bloomberg Sales and Product departments. The aim of the team is to increase our prospects dependency on our product by creating desktop solutions, mainly spreadsheet applications, which use our Excel/ VBA APIs. Projects include assisting customers in the migration of their worksheets from a competitor linked product to Bloomberg data, and building sophisticated models that fill a product gap.
What's the role?
- Responsible for developing customized desktop solutions for Bloomberg clients and prospects
- Directly impacting sales through developed applications and direct customer interaction
- Liaising with the Bloomberg Product Development teams to document product gaps and drive product enhancements
- Interacting directly with Bloomberg customers and clients to understand workflows in detail
What you need to have?
- Previous experience working in financial markets and have a strong understanding of market trends across different asset classes.
- Expertise in both Microsoft Excel, VBA is a must and experience in Python or .NET is desirable.
- Prior experience with use of Bloomberg Terminal or similar products is a plus.
- Be pro-active, high energy, customer oriented and have ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and commitment to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Some occasional travel may be required.
At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.