Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1.1 trillion in assets under management as of 30 June 2019, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies.
As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The firm has an open position for an Executive Assistant position in our Sydney office, supporting the Global Relationship Group and contributing to office-wide administrative work. The mandate of the role is to leverage the team's time, and the ideal candidate will be an organised, proactive mature professional who enjoys multi-tasking in a busy team environment.
The successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Proactive calendar management (e.g. setting up internal & external video and conference calls/meetings, logistical planning, assisting managers with time management throughout their day)
- Planning and booking domestic and international travel arrangements
- Assisting with global client meetings, preparing agenda/biographies and coordinating logistics
- Coordinating schedules for visiting colleagues from our global offices
- Assisting with conference logistics, client event management and ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Processing and reconciling expenses (Workday)
- CRM database (Salesforce) - assisting team with regular maintenance/edits
- Assisting with internal and external presentation materials, including collating and binding presentations
- Maintaining Compliance Training logs (updated annually)
- Ad-hoc support requests to the broader office
- Office wide committee participation, including Christmas party, Offsite and Charity events
- Front of office duties such as telephone, reception door coverage and assisting with client meeting requirements. General Office/Kitchen duties (e.g. dishwashers, refill paper in copiers etc)
We are looking for candidates that have the ability to demonstrate strong business maturity and work proactively in a fast-paced small office environment. The successful candidate will need to have excellent organisational skills, proficiency working with computer applications and be a self-starter. The candidate will be able to multi-task, set priorities, and be able to work independently using sound judgment, while supporting multiple people with a variety of needs and have an interest in global and emerging markets. Ideal candidates will have experience in an executive assistant role supporting senior management with several years of work experience at that level. They will be highly skilled at utilising Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
A positive, flexible attitude, ability to problem solve under pressure, strong attention to detail, and sense of humour are absolutely required to be successful in this role. JOB TITLE
Executive Assistant JOB FAMILY
Administrative Services, Admin Support LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .