Executive Manager Controls & Non-Financial Risk
Executive Manager, Control & Non-Financial Risk
Get set for your next great career move.
How will I help?
- Based in Sydney CBD
- Brand new role
- Make an enterprise-wide impact
This is a new opportunity to support the Treasury team and Risk specialists in the identification and management of non-financial risk. The role will also involve people management duties, so the successful candidate must be comfortable coaching and mentoring junior staff, especially during the 'build' phase of this nascent function.
You will be responsible to:
What's in it for me?
- Support and advise Treasury teams in the identification, assessment and monitoring of non-financial risks, including development and maintenance of Treasury's non-financial risk profile.
- Consult with partnering Risk functions to identify any material deficiencies in non-financial risk management.
- Monitor and track non-financial risk issues and ensure timely action is taken to close those issues.
- Work with Treasury Risk colleagues to ensure robustness of compliance plans and associated controls for the prudential standards for Liquidity (APS 210) and Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (APS 117)
- Develop expertise in end-to-end processes across Treasury, and act as a subject matter expert on relevant compliance & regulatory obligations.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments and communicate and recommend improvements.
- Coach team members, set development objectives, build bench strength, and manage performance.
You will build your profile internally and externally with stakeholders and be part of the future of a business that has been around for 200 years and whose vision is becoming the world's best service company.
You'll be working for an organisation that supports development, internal career moves and flexible working. Along with competitive salary, you'll receive Westpac's generous benefits and a whole array of customer discounts. Being an integral part of the Westpac, you will constantly be challenging the status quo and deliver high quality customer outcomes. What do I need?
Along with a Bachelors degree in a Finance or related discipline, we are looking for:
What is it like to work there?
- At least 10 years' experience in risk and financial services.
- A working understanding of the key regulatory and compliance regimes associated with Treasury functions would be an advantage .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and manage a high performing team.
At the Westpac Group, we have a vision to be one of the world's great service companies - this means helping our people, customers and communities to prosper and grow. We aim to be leaders in diversity, flexibility and as an equal opportunity employer.
You will join one big, supportive team and working with us you'll discover new ways of working, and an exciting range of roles to showcase your skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we're proud to have created a culture where people can be their best, in an environment that values diversity and flexibility. And one where everyone belongs. How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY