Executive Manager, Financial Crime Compliance Assurance IB&M
Do work that matters:
We're undergoing a rapid transformation, and Risk Management is centre stage. You'll be part of a movement where you'll play an integral role in our ongoing commitment to do the right thing by our customers. We are seeking the expertise of an Executive Manager, Financial Crime Assurance,
to join our Financial Crime Compliance (FCC), Assurance team, supporting the Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M team) . See yourself in our team:
Your team is accountable for the development, implementation and ongoing leadership of the group's financial crime shared services. FCC leads the Group's approach to managing AML / CTF, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption risks and obligations.
No day is ever the same in a Risk role at CommBank. You'll be challenged with new problems and new solutions in a role that allows access to multiple aspects of our business and a variety of project types. We work in an outcomes driven environment, where the emphasis is on your results and achievements.
Your role will provide assurance services to support IB&M in the effective and efficient management of financial crime. This will mean working closely with our customers, stakeholders and colleagues, to provide financial crime related advice on projects, transactions, products etc.
You will be required to forge strong relationships with business stakeholders and other teams to drive outcomes. Key responsibilities will include:
From here you'll go:
- Application of commercial acumen to financial crime obligations to assist in the identification of relevant financial crime risks and mitigating controls to the Group's businesses.
- Detailed understanding of the Group's various businesses acquired through review of Standard Operating Procedures and walkthroughs.
- Design, implement and complete test plans over the operational effectiveness of financial crime controls across the Group.
- Assist the business and FCC to identify appropriate corrective actions to address control gaps and compliance incidents.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with Line 1 risk and business stakeholders, as well as Line 2 Operational Risk and Compliance and Line 3 Audit colleagues. Complete MI and other relevant reports and scorecards.
- Review Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) to ensure they comprehensively manage and mitigate financial crime risks so that the residual risk exposure is within risk tolerance.
Reporting to General Manager of Financial Crime Compliance Assurance, this opportunity will allow you to fully demonstrate your proven experience in a compliance, AML / CTF, Sanctions and ABC role (preferably in an Assurance capacity). You'll have a highly valued and visible role. With exposure to complex matters and a variety of stakeholders across the business. From here, the opportunities are endless. We're interested in hearing from people who:
We need big thinkers who look for opportunity within the framework of regulation and are ready to play an integral role in our transformation. You'll be a doer, an advisor, and a thought leader. Your past experience and learnings will help ensure we always make the right call. If you have a demonstrated understanding and thorough understanding of the financial crime regulatory framework with deep technical knowledge of the AML / CTF, Sanctions and ABC risk environment, we would love to hear from you.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 01/04/2020