Executive Manager, Risk
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
As an insurer, managing risk is central to what we do. Our ambition is for IAG to be 'leading' in risk management, as we are in so many other elements of our business. It goes to the heart of our purpose: we make your world a safer place.
This role is an opportunity to make a difference within one of IAG's largest programs of work - Project rQ (Risk Intelligence). At IAG we are uplifting our risk maturity by conducting a top-to-bottom overhaul across our organisation, where we'll all challenge ourselves and each other to raise our risk maturity.
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to create and implement frameworks, governance forums, processes, reports and the deployment of resources to improve People Performance & Remuneration's (PP&R) risk capability, risk culture and risk maturity. Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Lead a high-performing team, ensuring alignment to IAG's purpose and spirit
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing for our people in the workplace and proactively manage risk for IAG
- Define, communicate and role model the desired risk culture for PP&R
- Develop and implement a strategy to increase PP&R's risk maturity, enabling proactive and effective risk management which drives a sustainable uplift in risk culture. This includes through coordination of, and the delivery of insights and recommendations to, the PP&R Divisional Risk Committee
- Establish and monitor agreed protocols between the three lines of Defence in terms of risks, associated controls and assurance management.
- Deliver and enhance the quality of risk insights, reporting and governance within PP&R, and as it relates to updating other Management or Board committees
- Advise on and support required changes within PP&R, including in relation to the implementation of the RMF, in line with key organisational risk initiatives
- Ensure seamless, stable and appropriately resilient risk and controls delivery within PP&R. This is expected to include:
- definition and execution of risk management processes to ensure risks are appropriately identified and managed
- definition of a standard control's framework
- definition and execution of an assurance plan and methodology
- oversight and management of PP&R engagement in internal and external audit activity, including resulting management actions and remediation activities
- promotion of a proactive risk and controls management culture
- Manage the review cycle for all formal PP&R policies, ensuring that regulatory and compliance obligations are met
- Budgetary responsibility - ensure that PP&R Risk expenditure is optimised and within expected tolerances
- Engage proactively on key PP&R projects and other initiatives to ensure risks are identified and managed appropriately
- 10 years senior management experience
- Strategic development and business planning experience
- Deep people management and leadership experience
- Prior risk management experience in either first line or second line and clear understanding of fundamental risk processes such as RAS, Risk Profiles, Risk heat maps, creating and monitoring inherent and residual risk assessments, and the implementation of control testing and assurance methodologies
- Systems thinker with the ability to link disparate sources of information and intelligence to understand risk
- Insights orientated
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance. We also have interest in general insurance joint ventures in Malaysia and India.
Our purpose is to make your world a safer place. It is underpinned by our belief that we can make tomorrow safer than it is today for all of the people who count on us. We can make a difference that helps people, communities and society prosper. Let's Talk Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications Close 10th April
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.