Executive Manager Risk - Program Delivery (Fixed Term Contract)
18 Month Fixed Term Contract
See yourself in our team
- We support a successful business
- We see risk as an investment
- We perform interesting and challenging work
Wealth, DCEO and Program Delivery provides risk management to the Wealth Management, Deputy CEO and Program Delivery businesses of CBA.
The Program Delivery team is responsible for supporting the Group in driving the implementation of critical risk and simplification programs, managing program interdependencies, and strengthening the Bank's ability to effectively deliver major programs of work. Do work that matters
Reporting to the General Manager DCEO, Strategy and Program Delivery, you will review, design and implement a Line 2 risk strategy and operating model aligned to the Business. Leading a team of 2 direct reports, you will;
We're interested in hearing from people who possess:
- Review, challenge and advise the business on effective governance and risk management practices for Remedial Action Plan, Project Simplify and other strategic priorities;
- Develop, advise, review & challenge proposed business responses to the effectiveness of Program Delivery's risk management practices and frameworks;
- Manage and build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory authorities, independent reviewers, auditors, and other risk management teams to support effective Line 2 oversight;
- Identify and develop improvements to risk frameworks (including as part of Group forums), and working with the Program Delivery CCO on implementation within the business;
- Optimise risk management to align with Program Delivery strategic and business objectives, including participating in the development of the Program Delivery Risk Appetite Statement (RAS) in line with the Group's Risk Management Strategy (RMS), and assuring that the business acts in accordance with these documents;
- Monitoring key risk indicators and data for operational risk and compliance management effectiveness, and leading thematic operational risk and compliance risk monitoring / assurance reviews across the business;
- Contributing to the Program Delivery leadership teams in areas of governance, risk management, business review and people management;
- Deliver operational management of the PD Line 2 team including leadership, coaching, managing performance and health and safety of employees;
- Contribute to the effectiveness of Wealth, DCEO and Program Delivery Risk Management leadership team strategies, plans, activities, and processes.
- Comprehensive experience in the end to end leadership of risk management in complex environments, including experience in developing controls, incident and issue management, adhering to compliance obligations and developing 'risk resilient' cultures;
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team of risk/compliance professionals, creating an environment where people feel safe to speak up and work collaboratively across the three lines of accountability;
- Extensive knowledge of Project delivery/implementation;
- Demonstrated ability to navigate in a highly regulated environment and manage a complex set of stakeholders;
- Qualifications in Law, Finance, Economics or Accounting.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 03/03/2020