Executive Manager, Strategic & Enterprise Risk
- Executive Opportunity
- Australia or New Zealand
- Flexible working options available
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Manager, Strategic & Enterprise Risk to join IAG's Group Risk division on a permanent full-time basis. Reporting to the Executive General Manager, Enterprise Risk & Operations, the purpose of this senior leadership role is to maintain the Enterprise Risk Profile which is the key aggregation of the risks being considered and managed by IAG with a focus on key strategic risks facing the company. It describes the risks, the associated mitigation actions and how these risks compare to the Boards and other stakeholders risk appetite.
The Enterprise Risk Profile is closely aligned to the strategic choices that IAG makes and the role needs to ensure alignment with the strategic planning process.
Critical to your success will be your ability to lead and manage change by working collaboratively and effectively with other business units and Executives to achieve division and business unit goals. You will have highly developed communication skills and influence outcomes across a diverse business operational and regulatory landscape. Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Produce, document and commentary on the Enterprise Risk Profile ensuring all Group Leadership teams and peers understand on the rationale for inclusion (or exclusions) of key enterprise risks
- Ensure Group Leadership teas and peers understand usage and limitations of the profile in terms of strategic implementation
- Build and maintain the linkage between strategy and risk, risk and opportunity by linking into the IAG group planning cycle
- Build and maintain the Emerging Risk frameworks which manages the way IAG scans the external environment, assesses the information, considers the risks arising and implications. The role brings together the information and insights from across IAG and does not seek to do it independently of all other functions in IAG
- Consider the effectiveness of IAG's reputational approach including linkages to ethics and customer advisory board
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance or relevant field
- Financial Services / Insurance experience (General, Life, Reinsurance preferred)
- Demonstrated curiosity to changing business models arising from new technologies, disruptive influences and the ability to prioritise, communicate and practically assess such influence
- Demonstrated people leadership and talent development experience in complex environments
- Strong business acumen with a strategic mindset
- Demonstrated deep collaborative mindset coupled with the ability to influence
- Effective participation and collaboration in a senior team environment to manage change and drive IAG's strategy
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Experience working collaboratively with other business units to achieve division and business unit goals and manage change
- Strategic mindset and comfortable to work with ambiguity
- Highly organised, with high attention to detail and forward planning
- An ability to anticipate societal responses
- Collaborative working style to achieve division and business unit goals
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life
experiences, cultures and passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness.
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other.
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do.
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO. How to Apply
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications close 29 May 2020
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. At IAG we strongly believe to achieve success we must create a diverse and inclusive workforce
. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. IAG have committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on building a diverse culture by creating a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our website: https://www.iag.com.au/reconciliation .