Fixed Income Product Strategist, Director
- Not Specified
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview
The Fixed Income team offers an array of fixed income products across listed (ETF’s) and unlisted markets which are designed to meet specific client risk and return profiles. Incorporating the expertise of BlackRock's global sector specialists, each portfolio is tailored to reflect specific investment guidelines and objectives with respect to interest rate exposure, sector allocation and credit quality. The business takes a predominately fundamental approach and conducts research on economies, interest rates and a wide range of bond sectors and applies it to the construction of diversified portfolios that deliver added value for clients.
The Product Strategy team is responsible for the ongoing upkeep and review of existing products and development of new Fixed Income products for Institutional and Retail clients. The key role of the strategist is to represent these products to internal and external clients including investment consultants, existing clients and prospects. The universe of products includes index and active across fixed income and cash markets. . The team is centrally involved in the firm’s thought leadership agenda. Critical to the success of the Product Strategy team is the maintenance of strong relationships with the Institutional Client Business (ICB) and Retail Sales groups, which is responsible for managing and developing BlackRock’s client relationships, and the Global Consultant Relations team, which is responsible for maintaining BlackRock’s relationship with investment consulting firms.
- Being the key representative from the Fixed Income team to communicate our Global investment outlook to our Strategic Clients
- Partnering with Distribution to raise the profile of BlackRock’s Fixed Income global capabilities in Australia and New Zealand to drive significant growth in revenues sourced from Australia/New Zealand clients across locally and overseas manufactured solutions.
- Partnering with Senior Investment Managers within Fixed Income globally to develop to develop market themes and both strategic and tactical opportunities in Australian/NZ markets
- Producing white paper pieces and investment research on subjects relevant to the institutional and retail Australian market place, leveraging global resources from the firm
- Establishing relationships with key strategic Australian/NZ clients and provide them with immediate support on market related questions, positioning and analytical queries, leveraging global resources from the firm
- Establishing regular forums with Product Strategy teams in GFI/Credit, feeding them with relevant client issues and progress on projects
- Assist GFI/Credit in business development and product engineering for the Australian/NZ market
- Director or equivalent position with significant experience in fixed income markets at a major financial services firm
- Long term commitment to the Australian/NZ market
- Strong drive to commercialize the Fixed Income opportunity in the region
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills essential
- Track record of understanding the needs of strategic clients
- Knowledge of markets and institutions, regulatory frameworks across Australia and New Zealand an advantage
- Self-reliant, resourceful and proactive, at the same time a team player and leader who is able to operate credibly and leverage the firms’ presence across the region and within the global infrastructure
- Strong organizational and project management skills including ability to function effectively within an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Fluent English speaker
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.