Forensic Senior Consultant / Manager - Dispute Advisory
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 23 Mar 18
See job description for details
- We'll have you working with Australia's most respected companies and law firms
- Great opportunity to work closely with market leading Forensic specialists on high profile disputes
- Based at International Towers, Barangaroo, Sydney CBD
KPMG Forensic assists clients reduce reputational risk and commercial loss. We help clients avoid and resolve costly and unnecessary disputes and litigation. When a commercial relationship goes wrong, we have experienced independent experts to assist clients obtain a successful resolution by providing independent, authoritative and objective analysis of the accounting and financial complexities involved in litigation / arbitration.
KPMG Forensic has an opportunity in Sydney for experienced Senior Consultants and Managers to join their Dispute Advisory team. The role will offer a great opportunity to work with clients across a wide range of industries and on a diverse range of engagements including commercial disputes, post transaction disputes such as completion accounts and earn out calculations, expert determinations and other financial and accounting analysis.
As a Senior Consultant / Manager in the Forensic team, you will:
- Work with leading global organisations and law firms, as well as a range of specialist departments within KPMG
- Complete / assist with detailed financial analysis, economic loss calculations, valuations, accounting disputes;
- Scope and carry out day-to-day management of dispute advisory engagements, including liaising with clients, assessing and analysing data and financial information, and managing junior resources
- Draft clear and concise expert reports that meet clientsâ€™ needs, courts / tribunal and expert witness standards within agreed timeframes
- Coordinate multiple projects and working with other KPMG departments where applicable
- Provide on-the-job training and mentoring to junior staff, and contribute to team networking, innovation and thought leadership publications
- Be part of a team that is growing and has great career opportunities.
You bring to the role
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a range of skills, experience and qualifications including the following:
- Minimum 3 (Senior Consultant) or 5 (Manager) yearsâ€™ experience in a similar role, within a large professional consulting environment or within industry
- An understanding of valuation and finance concepts (e.g. discounted cash flow, cost of capital)
- An ability to understand, explain and analyse financial information
- Experience in financial modelling and preparation of expert witness reports
- Exposure to different dispute resolution mechanisms (e.g. trials, mediations, arbitrations, regulatory tribunals)
- Demonstrated experience in scoping, managing and delivering dispute advisory engagements (Manager Level candidates)
- Experience liaising with clients, external legal advisors, in-house counsel, other experts and witnesses
- Proven leadership, people and stakeholder management capabilities, including the ability to manage a team of junior staff and manage multiple engagements concurrently (Manager Level candidates)
- Tertiary qualifications in either accounting or finance, or relevant background and a professional accounting qualification preferred.
- Exposure to other Forensic service lines (including investigations and fraud risk management, AML/CTF, regulatory compliance, forensic analytics, bribery & corruption) favourable.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 09 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 09 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time