At Aon, we understand the importance of having flexible work practices to allow our colleagues to be their very best. We offer Hybrid work solutions which allows our colleagues to work from their place of choice, in conjunction to the local Aon office. Of course flexibility goes beyond just the place of work.. and we are all for it. We call this AonFlex The Opportunity:
We are seeking a GIS analyst (role can be performed remotely) to work in our Analytics department to perform geospatial analysis on a range of projects, with a particular focus on research and development focussed toward natural peril analysis. This is an excellent opportunity to work on key GIS projects where you will be rewarded for your efforts and enthusiasm. You will be responsible for:
To be successful in this role you will display:
- Working on multiple projects utilising GIS to develop processes and procedures to use in internal mapping and general IT applications
- Working with geospatial data, analysis and modelling with particular reference to the use of ESRI products
- GIS data modelling for both vector and raster data types
- Transforming the data and analysing it into meaningful presentations, applications and reports
- Experience working in a GIS/analytical role ideally using an ESRI product
- Knowledge and experience of geocoding and enabling data for mapping
- Experience in working in a customer focussed organisation, providing internal and external customer service
- Some experience in customisation/script writing through the use of Python and SQL be an advantage but not essential
- Degree qualified in GIS, IT, engineering or a natural hazard related discipline
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic, high profile environment, allowing you to utilise your client service experience and technical expertise whilst making a significant contribution to the business. About Us:
We're a team of authentic and smart individuals focused on providing exceptional value to our clients and our local communities. Meaningful and genuine relationships are at the heart of our business success and we're proud of our positive impact.
How to apply:
- Here at Aon, you're always more than just a job title. We encourage and support you to expand your knowledge and grow alongside some of the best people in the business - in Australia and throughout our connected global networks.
- As a valued colleague of Aon, you (and your family) have access to benefits that support your holistic wellbeing
- You will receive a generous Group Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI) policy which will provide you with up to 75% of your salary
- Aon actively supports employees who wish to pursue work-related studies
- Aon colleagues gain access to the Well One app. The Well One program aims to support colleagues in balancing emotional, physical, lifestyle and financial wellbeing
Please submit your up to date resume and cover letter with relevant experiences.
Aon is committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture with growth and development opportunities for everyone. Diversity is the foundation on which we have built our world-class organization, unparalleled in delivering distinctive value through the work we do.
We embrace an inclusive culture where our people trust each other, respect diversity and share ideas freely.