Global Services Relationship Manager,VP
Relationship Managers are expected to create sustainable long-term relationships that deliver value to both the client and to State Street. The Relationship Manager is expected to be able to formulate and execute on a client strategy have strong inter-personal and communication skills understand our clients’ strategies and challenges and have a strong fit with the culture of the team and State Street.
Client Strategy Engagement & Service Delivery
- Ensuring the clients’ business strategies are well understood and clearly outlined to State Street’s internal executives and relevant client facing teams.
- Maintain & Execute the Account Management Plan and follow-up on the action items on the Plan through engaging and influencing the internal business units (client service operations project etc). The aim of the plan is to enable client satisfaction create long term retention and grow the financials
- Responsible for devising and documenting strategies for new business and to grow revenue.
- Work closely with the Global Relationship Manager where applicable to ensure the global Client strategy is understood and relevant agreed local actions are implemented
- Regular updates to Executives local/regionally/global on implementation and progress of the Account Plan
- Co-ordinate and lead client strategy discussions. Responsible for devising Executive calling program.
- Devise and execute a Thought Leadership program for each client including training for client on specific topics (e.g. Market and industry developments global custody regulatory change)
- Understand regulatory changes that impact clients and monitor implementation where changes need to be supported.
- Ensure timely usage / update on SalesForce360 on call notes / meetings / contacts / opportunities details
- The CRE will own and be accountable for the client contract ensuring contractual compliance.
- Thorough understanding of the clients’ Operating Model
- Contribute to overall service initiatives to improve the overall service delivery model
- Attend relevant service delivery meetings eg MIS meetings. Meet regularly with CSE’s to review client report cards and assist with strategies to support service enhancements
- Regular review of client service delivery (on an annual basis / 18-month cycle) to assess current services / reports delivered are meeting client changing requirements.
- Participate in and represent the Relationship team in internal project working groups and committees as required.
Financials & Cross-Sell
- Overall responsibility for the profitability of each client. This includes responsibility to Implement detailed improvement plans when the profitability is below corporate targets. Profitably initiatives should be included in the Account Plan
- Work with the Client Service teams to understand any new services that are being proposed or being requested by clients and that agreed fees are applied and negotiate all client pricing ensuring appropriate financial metrics are achieved
- Monitor outstanding debtors in conjunction with the Client Service lead
- Identify cross sell opportunities. Devise detailed cross sell plans and strategies. Incorporate into the AMP / Strategic Account Plan. Take a leading role in any prospect discussions. Explore and actively pursue new business opportunities from existing clients
- Regular review of client profitability of responsible clients and devise strategies to improve profitability of clients if required
- Keep track of fund flows for clients in terms of assets / revenue impact. Understanding underlying drivers for flows and benchmark against comparable clients to devise strategies.
Experience Qualifications Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate degree and/or formal qualifications in a relevant business stream
- Relevant experience and demonstrated knowledge in the financial services industry
- Proven capabilities in operational and staff management
- Proven background in the development and maintenance of client relationships
Australian custodial services experience gained from with Custodian Asset Manager or Superannuation Fund.