Graduate Software Development Engineer - 2019 Start
Amazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across millions of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including our e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, throughput and reliability, and it is critical to the success of hundreds of thousands of AWS customers.
We are currently looking for a software development engineer to help us deliver the future of software-driven traffic engineering at the core of our global network. This role may be for you if you are passionate about software systems that transform the way networks are built, controlled and operated. You build high quality, highly available, always-on services. You are happiest when you are working with empowered, world-class leaders and engineers to solve fundamental challenges in planet-scale networks. Finally, with your curiosity and strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
Come join us and…
• Do what nobody else in the world is doing… literally
• Gain world class knowledge and expertise on the inner workings of the Internet and how Amazon interfaces with it
• Define and design the next generation of Amazon's Software Defined Network
• Create, enhance, and run scalable autonomous controller services that observe the state of the network, make active decisions to optimize traffic based on programmable business logic
• Build massive real-time systems which inform and drive complex changes across the global network and Internet
• Collaborate with and learn from world leaders in networking and distributed systems
• Gain practical experience building incredible software using Amazon Web Services Basic Qualifications
• Industry or academic experience of designing and building large complex distributed back-end systems.
• Significant experience with Java or C/C++/C# and Perl or Python development in a Linux environment
• Deep knowledge of network switching and routing protocols. Preferred Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, mathematics, or other technical discipline OR a PHD in a related discipline
• Experience with Software Defined Networking controllers, network performance measurement, and traffic analysis and optimization techniques.
• Experience with networking protocols, including but not limited to RSVP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF/ISIS, NetFlow, SNMP, and Traffic Engineering.
• Experience with open-source networking projects such as Quagga, Bird, ExaBGP, GoBGP, FRRouting. Experience of code contributions to these projects will be highly desirable.
• Familiarity or experience with Graph Algorithms, Graph Databases, Machine Learning - regression, classification, clustering & retrieval, recommender systems & dimensionality reduction, deep learning etc.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role