Graduate Software Development Engineer - 2020 or 2021 Start
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
Our Builder Tools, Networking, Redshift, RDS, Aurora, Safety Engineering and AMS teams are expanding their software presence here in Sydney, Australia. These teams are responsible for building high impact software products and tooling that directly improve the lives of internal and external customers, working on some of the largest distributed systems in the world with the endless challenges of solving some of the most complex problems related to user-experience, big data, machine learning, automation and cutting edge technologies!
Our teams have a very flat organizational structure and casual office vibe. They operate much like a start-up in that we try to keep them small, but leverage all the resources and stability of being the largest cloud provider. This dynamic creates a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating environment with a lot of ownership and collaboration with little red tape.
We are looking for Graduate Software Development Engineers who want to join us to build lots of software, to ship products and create platforms, tools and modules. You should be passionate about optimizing the software development experience at a very large scale, using your strong technical skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You are naturally enthusiastic about learning new technologies and industry trends and are excited by the idea of solving hard technical challenges!
As a Graduate Software Development Engineer you will:
• Get exposed to creating technical strategies and deliver with guidance.
• Influence your team's software architecture and likely influence related teams architecture too.
• Solve difficult & complex software problems. You work to simplify, optimize, and remove bottlenecks.
• Focus on designing and coding architecture that yields significant performance, availability, and business value.
• Successfully launch software for the business and resolve architectural deficiencies.
• Drive projects to improve engineering, test, and operational excellence best practices on your team.
• Understand your team's architecture in detail and make technical trade-offs between short-term team needs and long-term business needs Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Programming experience with one or more of the following languages - Java, Python, Go, C++, or C#.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong willingness to make a difference.
• Australian citizenship or PR. Preferred Qualifications
• Exposure to large-scale distributed storage and database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Graph Databases)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Exposure to AWS services such as RDS, EC2, Dynamo DB, CloudWatch.
• Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.