- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi Australia
Head of Compliance - Banking and Research
Head of Compliance - Banking and Research
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18033148
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviours that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Banking and Research Compliance to join our team based in Sydney.
The purpose of this role is to act in a leadership capacity as the Senior Compliance Manager for Citi's Institution Clients Group (ICG) in Australia and New Zealand.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all the ICG banking businesses comply with relevant regulatory requirements and industry best practice. You will also be required to develop, implement and coordinate global and domestic policies as well as maintaining Citi's reputation as a firm of the highest integrity within financial services.
Other responsibilities include:
- Making recommendations for innovation in the execution of compliance responsibilities.
- Providing input on the impact of changes in the law/rules and on the likely impact of future changes.
- Ensuring effective surveillance and monitoring in respect of all relevant business units.
- Ensuring awareness of all rules and laws through training, communication and active advice.
- Participating in management discussions on key issues.
- Maintaining strong links with Regulators and industry groups.
- Providing active advice to business leaders on compliance related matters.
- Ensuring effecting reporting to senior product and compliance management of compliance issues and concerns, though the escalation of serious issues and ongoing routine reporting.
- Min. 10 years experience in a legal/compliance/regulatory/controls or equivalent role.
- Experience in a Markets and Investment Banking Compliance role with detailed knowledge of investment banking products, processes and regulatory requirements.
- In depth knowledge of the Corporations Act and ASX Business Rules, SFE Rules and By Laws and other financial markets legislation.
- In depth knowledge of Compliance standards and theories.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of Compliance professionals.
- Demonstrated negotiating and influencing abilities.
- Knowledge of financial markets and institutional banking transactions.
- An understanding of the financial services regulatory environment as well as compliance issues surrounding Equity research
- Bachelor of Commerce/Economics (or related financial degree); and/ or
Bachelor of Laws (desirable)