Head of Consumer Credit, Credit Risk
How will I help?
- Based in Kent Street, Sydney
- Be part of Westpac's Credit Risk's leadership team
As the Head of Consumer Credit
, you will be the most senior credit decisioner in the Consumer Credit portfolio. You will be directly responsible for Secured and Unsecured Portfolios, where you will lead credit quality and control environment supporting the Consumer Division credit portfolio, credit controls and processes. This is achieved via management of the credit decisioning team, the setting and management of credit risk appetite, monitoring of controls and credit portfolio and the development and implementation of credit operating strategies, policies and procedures that align with the strategic objectives of the Group
In addition, you will also be responsible for risk reward, credit education, employee engagement, customer advocacy and operational risk effectiveness. What's in it for me?
This isn't just a highly specialist role in a respected team - it's an exciting opportunity.
You will build your profile internally and externally with stakeholders and play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years.
You'll work closely with strategies, projects and matters which not only give you an overall view of the whole Westpac Group, but have a company-wide impact as well. And you'll do that work with plenty of great benefits, along with flexible work arrangements to make sure the role's the right fit. What do I need?
We expect you to be a seasoned professional with extensive experience leading a business / team in across the Consumer Credit Risk field. Your experience must include:
What is it like to work there?
- 15 years credit decisioning experience
- 15 years experience in a leadership position in a corporate environment in financial services or similar
- Experience of the Risk management in the banking industry
- Experience in dealing with, and presenting to General Managers and executive teams
- Knowledge of wealth and banking products and services
- Risk and Compliance management
- Budget and Expense Management
- Graduate or post-graduate (MBA or equivalent) in commerce or business-related discipline, or equivalent
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you'll get some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We'll even pay you to do volunteer or community work. As an equal opportunity employer, we're proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility - and champions inclusion. How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY