Head of Corporate Services
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open
to different ideas and cultures, who can network
with stakeholders and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Head of Corporate Services (CS) is responsible for the real estate portfolio within Australia and New Zealand ensuring that the portfolio is actively and efficiently managed and capable of supporting the changing needs of the business going forward. This role reports to the Australian Chief Operating Officer and manages a small professional team.
A key focus of this role is the management of the migration to HSBC's Future of Work model combining remote working with work from the office and the associated changing mindsets, facilities, workspaces and technology to accommodate how and where work happens. By being purposeful, energised and deliberate in the management of this programme the role will ensure that our teams continue to be connected to each other to deliver exceptional results for our customers. Responsibilities:
• Manage a full range of Facilities, Property Services, Protective Security and Project Management across a diverse commercial and retail portfolio.
• Engage and manage significant external supplier partnerships as well as an internal team of property professionals.
• Ensure that real estate is a key business enabler, through the delivery of innovative and forward thinking initiatives relating to the portfolio which supports the business needs across Portfolio Optimisation, Workplace and Facilities Management Solutions, Retail Solutions, Enviornmental, Sustainability & Goverance (ESG), Critical Facilities, Future of Work Transformation and Risk Management.
• Demonstrate the ability to lead and transform the Corporate Services functions in a country to a value and outcome focused way of working.
• A trusted advisor and partner with the business. Be innovative and forward thinking and deliver initiatives that evolve the real estate offering in line with ongoing HSBC business transformation activitie including hydrid working.
• Management of the real estate portfolio and the delivery and implementation of facilities and CAPEX management services to the portfolio as a whole
• Manage Corporate Services operational risk and controls ensuring that Corporate Services and our suppliers complies with local regulatory requirement and the Bank's policies and processes. Qualifications Requirements:
• Proven ability to manage a large range of stakeholders including executive management and external consultants/contractors.
• High level of personal drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs.
• Strong level of business awareness, financial/budget management expertise, team management and engagement skills within a corporate structure.
• Proven ability and commitment to high standards of customer service and customer relationship management.
• Experienced Corporate Services capabilities an advantage, with examples including Workplace Experience, Future of Work Transformation, Project Management, ESG and Protective Security within a large corporate environment.
• Proven track record in leading and driving changes - both to own teams and structures and jointly with the Business through supporting and delivering changing workplace strategies.
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment.
Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.