Head of Corporate & Project Finance
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Excellent
- Job Type: Full time
Leading global investment business, seeking a Head of Corporate & Project Finance to join the team, Sydney base.
- Global Integrated Infrastructure Investor
- Head of Corporate & Project Finance
- Debt Arranging and Funding
Our client is a leading global investment business and asset owner with over $10 billion in revenue and a global leader in resources, logistics, infrastructure and energy. The local team has been actively investing in Australia for 10+ years and multiple billions invested to date. Given this rapid growth and appetite for investment, the group is now seeking to appoint the newly created role of Head of Corporate & Project Finance to lead their Debt sourcing and arranging activities to support their investments.
The role will ideally be based in Brisbane, but may allow for some flexible working from either Sydney or Melbourne pending the successful candidate. Reporting to the local CEO, you will work closely with the broader leadership team, with key responsibilities being to:
- Manage existing banking and investor relationships in the domestic and international markets.
- Debt arranging and placement of financing transactions to support deal origination across the broader group.
- Provide end to end execution from origination through to deal completion.
- Conduct commercial negotiation and deal structuring including transaction analysis and review.
- Conduct due diligence and the preparation and presentation of investment committee approval papers.
Given the seniority and autonomy of the position, it is expected that you will hold the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Finance or Accounting.
- 10-15 years+ corporate debt/project finance experience gained in a major corporate, commercial or investment bank, or infrastructure debt fund - ideally including broader infrastructure transactions.
- Track record of originating and executing new business and corporate loan and/or transactions.
- A highly credible reputation in loan and/or bond markets in order to facilitate transaction flow.
- Strong relationship building and management skills with a deep client network across banks and debt investors - with a mature and calm approach in conducting business.
- Diverse technical skill base including: strong credit risk skills; debt structuring and investment experience; preparation of credit memo / investment committee papers; ability to review and negotiate term sheets and formal legal documentation.
- Strong commercial skills and the ability to 'think outside the box' when structuring and executing transactions.
- The ability to work on your own initiative.
This is a truly unique and exciting opportunity to join a global company committed to growth and investment.
All applicants must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Patrick Everest on 02 9235 9440 or firstname.lastname@example.org