Head of Storage & Data Protection
The Infrastructure Team is accountable for the bank's distributed hosting infrastructure, covering both on premise and Cloud based solutions, spanning Networks, Storage and Backups, Compute, Database, Mainframe and Virtual services.
The organization is transforming from a traditional on premise, Managed Service and ITIL-based model into a fully automated, self-service and cloud hosted provider, delivering greater levels of innovation and flexibility in our solutions, and enabling our business to be more agile.
We are seeking a Global Head of Storage and Data Protection that can help us move this strategy forward, working with our businesses to understand their requirements and educating on industry direction and best practice, whilst delivering to our vision of greater levels of innovation, automation and agility in our solutions.
You will bring to the table excellent industry experience and passion for storage and data protection services. This experience will help you communicate possibilities and options as you further develop and communicate the strategy.
You will have experience communicating strategy at all levels of the organization, and be able to clearly articulate goals, objectives and plans in support of this strategy. You will have end to end accountability for the service - from architecture and design, through to service delivery and operations, commercial management and vendor management, and as such will be prepared to step into the detail as and when required. You will have a passion for technology and diverse ways of thinking, bringing to the role an open and innovative perspective. We need you to:
Ideally you will have:
- establish a clear strategic direction for the service, incorporating business and stakeholder requirements, and that aligns with our overall vision and strategy
- clearly communicate goals, objectives and supporting plans to the Infrastructure teams and our businesses
- establish a clear road map for your team that aligns priorities with strategic goals
- manage all service risk and security requirements, escalating where there are gaps and delivering tactical and strategic remediation plans
- provide executive steerage for incident escalation - directing resource and effort as required
- deliver process improvement through constant review both internally and with partner departments
- represent the Service to the business, risk and compliance contacts
- work with our managed service provider in support of our operational, strategic and commercial needs
- collaborate with our cloud and automation teams for new functionality, releases and product enhancements that support automation and self-service
- develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage and backup provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance and data protection
- identify and deliver cost saving initiatives
- leadership experience in developing, communicating and executing strategy
- have an Innovative mindset, with an emphasis on continuous improvement, thinking outside the box and automations solutions experience
- have a learning mindset with a strong desire to learn new technologies and new ways of working
- leadership experience in managing cross-team delivery and the flexibility to influence people at a variety of levels internally and externally
- strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with senior management and engineers, as well as develop good client relationships
- excellent analytical and problem solving, decision making and relationship building skills
- solid understanding of distributed systems and storage technologies and industry trends
- experience in the design and implementation of large enterprise storage and backup technology solutions, including cloud based solutions
- experience with Cloud based storage and data protection systems
- experience of financial management, benchmarking and investment planning
- proven experience defining and implementing metrics and decision making based on the data
If this role sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, please apply via the link.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group's purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Advertised:
06 Sep 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close: