IMS Sydney Office Administration, Assc 2
State Street Australia Overview
State Street Corporation is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.7 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.45 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2015, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 31,070 worldwide.
With more than 31,070 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
At State Street Australia Limited, through State Street Global Services (SSGS), we give asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
The purpose of this role is to perform administrative tasks, supporting the Head of Business Operations APAC and the IMS Sydney Office generically.
Responsible for day to day office management, tracking staff movements and FTE documentation, maintenance of outlook distribution lists, processing expenses and all other tasks associated with managing the IMS Sydney Office.
Ensure all requirements are met as follows:
- Liaise with the UK Office for all staffing requirements; assist with recruitment requests, PWA’s and contract extensions.
- Update and submit the IMS Asset Servicing SDA, on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with the on-boarding of new Staff; request LAN, PC/Telephone and Application access.
- Provide an onboarding pack to all new staff, including a Training Plan.
- Ensure Managers complete the Staff Leavers Checklist for Business Control.
- Maintain the IMS APAC Systems Access list for all staff members.
- Maintain the IMS Business Operations APAC Organisation Chart and APAC Recs Staff list, distribute monthly.
- Manage the distribution of the IMS APAC Managers Pack on a monthly basis.
- Update and save the Global IMS Asset Servicing Dashboard on a monthly basis to collaborate.
- Reconcile the Global Asset Servicing Invoices for India Operations on a monthly basis.
- Manage data for Recertification purposes, for all external applications.
- Maintain the Corporate Action Sharepoint site.
- Set up Mailboxes for New Clients.
- Order new iPhone and blackberry replacements when required through the IT Vendor Management (ITVM) site.
- Assist with setting up Recorded Lines.
- Review Baselining of the monthly data from India Operations, summarise differences with explanations for sign off by the Head of Business Operations APAC.
- Process AMEX expenses, on a monthly basis in the expense system (SERKO).
- Perform a reconciliation of the Finance documentation with the Cabcharge dockets on a monthly basis, order cabcharges from Finance when required.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for IMS APAC, for both international and domestic travel.
- Manage the Monthly and Quarterly Award Nominations.
- Assist and co-ordinate Office/Desk moves.
- Perform the quarterly Clean Desk Reviews.
- Maintain the Stationery cupboard.
- Book meeting rooms and organize lunch/refreshments when required.
- Preparation of Powerpoint presentation materials using the current corporate templates.
- Member of the Pride committee, assisting with events and taking minutes.
- Coordination of Skip level meetings for the Head of Business Operations.
- Prepare and maintain procedures for all defined tasks / responsibilities.
- Assist with Adhoc tasks.
- Embrace State Street’s “corporate values” and support a work environment reflective of those values
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and suggest resolution to a problem
- Demonstrate professional maturity and effective time management
- Be a strong team player and demonstrate dedication to group and company goals
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse a problem, obtain and evaluate information and reach a sound conclusion.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Sound knowledge of office procedures, equipment and systems
- Ability to balance individual responsibilities
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience working within Financial Services highly desirable however not essential