IT Risk Manager
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Australia
- 16 Oct 18
IT Risk Manager
Promoting and driving a strong Technology Risk and controls culture and plays a key role in ensuring that the risk appetite
IT Risk Manager - Flexible Location - $153,000Pkg
Reporting to a great Head Of, you will find yourself in a role that you love due to the mixed interaction with the business as well as the senior leadership team. Your focus will be raising risk awareness whilst maintaining a commercial balance in technology practical decisions within a large complex organisation.
On a day to day basis:
- In conjunction with the broader leadership team, drive improvements to processes underpinning the efficient and effective management of risk related to the use of IT.
- Take a lead role in the provision of specialist risk and control advice to influence decisions and optimise the risk-reward balance.
- Monitor the effectiveness of IT related risk practices, highlight gaps and opportunities for improvement and escalate as required.
- Proactively lead quality service delivery through effective alignment with the 3 Lines of Defence Model
- Take a lead role in activities that promote an IT risk-aware culture and empower the organisation to proactively identify IT risk, opportunity and business impacts.
- Lead deep dive reviews of risk impacts related to incidents and near misses in order to identify and rectify root causes.
- Lead activities that strengthen the Risk and Compliance Community of Practice and maintain active networks both internally and across industry with external peers.
- Align Group Tech processes and principles with Group Risk frameworks.
- Implement technology risk practices that ensure alignment between Group Tech Strategy and Group Strategy.
- Develop and implement strategies for improving the alignment of risk-related practices.
You will be joining a large organisation that allows promotion within and exposure to various parts of the business to harness a long term successful career.
Work in a great flexible environment where you'll feel respected and valued. You'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Successful Incumbent
People from all walks of life are encouraged to apply. Your attitude and passion are as important as your experience.
You could have started your career in technology and then worked within Risk management. Or you could be a professional technology risk manager looking to work within a larger institution.
- Significant Technology risk experience
- Experience in financial services industry or related
- Demonstrate able experience influencing senior business leadership teams
- Highly developed consultancy skills
This role is available immediately. If you would like to join an organisation that will provide you with the platform to build your career long term - APPLY TODAY!
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.