IT Risk Specialist
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
APRA is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic IT risk advisor to join the IT Risk team.
APRA is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic IT risk advisor to join the IT Risk team. The role is focused on assessing and influencing the management of IT risk by APRA regulated entities (including banks, insurance companies and superannuation).
This is an exciting opportunity involving a diverse role. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing advice concerning current and emerging IT risk issues (e.g. cyber, fintech and cloud) and commensurate sound risk management practices. As an IT Risk specialist you will play a key role in the assessment of IT risk management practices within regulated entities, providing a unique industry-wide perspective. Participation in the development of IT risk standards and guidance also provides an opportunity for the incumbent to influence cross-industry practices.
- Understanding the key IT risks within regulated entities (cross industry, wide variety of entity size and complexity).
- Successfully influencing regulated entity decision makers, as part of APRA’s prudential activities, to implement improvements to IT risk management practices.
- Maintaining IT risk prudential standards and guidance for Australian APRA regulated entities.
- Keeping pace with rapidly developing technologies / products / services, with an understanding of how this changes the risk profile.
- Contributing to a high level of awareness across the IT Risk team in relation to IT risk analysis (including knowledge of risk profiles within regulated entities and within the Australian financial system) given the broad range of issues to consider.
- Providing quality services from within the IT Risk team given the volume, variety and complexity of work.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with other APRA supervision areas given diverse interests of the various areas.
- Engaging with Government and industry representatives with respect to a variety of industry change initiatives.
- Providing internal APRA staff (typically with non-technical backgrounds) relevant education and development with respect to IT risk.
- Frontline supervision and policy staff – to provide expert technical advice and reports on IT risk issues.
- Head of IT Risk, General Manager Specialist Risk Services and Team Managers - to provide expert technical advice on all IT Risk related matters.
- External stakeholders and peers, such as RBA, ASIC and IT Risk regulators in other jurisdictions.
Knowledge/experience requirements for effective performance:
- Expertise in assessing the management of IT risk by APRA regulated entities. Areas assessed include IT organisation & governance, risk management, strategic planning, information security (including cyber), IT operations and service management, project management & application development, data management, business continuity management and disaster recovery, outsourcing, and assurance.
- High level analysis and problem solving are regular requirements of the position.
- Extensive experience in dealing with technical experts and ideally representatives of APRA regulated entities.
- High level of organisation and negotiation skills.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills for advising internal staff and external entities.
- Tertiary qualifications in a field relevant to role
APRA invests in contemporary technologies to enable our employees to achieve work life balance, via flexible working practices. We are dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaboration and continuous improvement.
APRA provides ongoing studies support, structured training programs and excellent career progression opportunities all within a highly professional environment. APRA is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability status.
For a role statement and to apply, please visit our Careers Page at www.apra.gov.au. The closing date for applications is 1 July 2018. For further information or assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply to this e-mail address.