IT Support Engineer
DESCRIPTION We are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join Amazon Australia's first Robotics Fulfilment Centre in Kemps Creek.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem-solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer "yes" to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics.
Amazon, one of the top 100 companies, has an immediate opening for an IT Support Technician in our Fulfillment Center. The successful IT Support Engineer will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the Fulfillment Center that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. The IT Support Engineer position is the first level of support for the operations of the Fulfillment Center and becomes the voice and face of the IT department to our customers. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
The IT Support Engineer is a member of a Global IT organization responsible for all Amazon Fulfillment. Our team approaches work as seeing no job as too small and no challenge as too big! They will be supporting centers across this network with daily projects and activities as directed. Responsibilities include allocation and maintenance of IT equipment throughout the Fulfillment Center, managing multiple customer requests simultaneously. This includes troubleshooting of all IT related equipment such as PCs, wireless handheld devices, thin clients, printers and other end user devices. IT Support Technicians are also responsible for the RMA and repair process for all devices under warranty. IT Support Engineers are also expected to participate in learning new technologies and career development opportunities as presented in an effort to progress to higher level positions within the IT network. The position will also require supporting of multiple buildings around the area.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • High School diploma or equivalent
• Expertise in one or more specialized areas of IT such as Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI)
• Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment
• Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
• Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
• Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
• Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Authorization to work in the Australia without sponsorship
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field.
• Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
• Cisco CCNA certification
• Advanced Linux systems administration skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
• Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
• Ability to manage high priority projects
• Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision