Systems, Analytics and Transformation | Customer and Community Advocacy | Deputy CEO See yourself in the team:
You will be part of the Systems, Analytics and Transformation (SAT) team within the broader Customer and Community Advocacy (CCA) team. The team's objective is to provide analytical insight and reporting support to our CCA partners to drive improvements in customer outcomes with a focus on complaint handling & prevention and customer outcomes more broadly. We achieve this by bringing focus to our five anchors:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Find and fix issues
- Lend a helping hand
- Remove barriers to banking
- Build a better bank
- Restore relationships
You'll become a trusted advisor for our stakeholders and you'll be partnering with a varied stakeholder network (Business partners within CCA and across the Group, Data Scientists and data Engineers, and group wide programs teams, etc.) to provide actionable insights and data-driven solutions that add value for customers.
Your focus will be on deepening the level of insight that the Group is able to obtain from our data and reporting. This will be achieved by producing and disseminating insights across the Group, in partnership with our various stakeholders, and by introducing and supporting appropriate data, reporting and tools. More specifically:
We are interested in hearing from you...
- Producing and delivering Insights - Delivering relevant and effective analytical models and insights in a timely manner to enable data-driven decision making and to identify opportunities to improve customer outcomes.
- Supporting Business Leaders - Partner with our business stakeholders to assist with understanding and adopting analytical outputs within business processes. Seen as a trusted advisor and pro-actively offers solutions and identifies ways in which to improve the business.
- Innovate and optimise - Consistently provide proactive technical and business optimisation solutions for complex/simple business problems. Improve the overall capability of the team by consistently innovating the way that we utilise our data. Leads the development of new analytical solutions and application of advanced techniques. Identifies opportunities to improve own and team capabilities and demonstrates creativity and ingenuity when tackling complex problems.
- Manage end-to-end projects - Ownership and accountability for the end-to-end delivery of projects that deliver a strategic outcome. Demonstrates comfort with ambiguity and helps determine the desired analytical approach and solution. Applies robust project management to pieces of work to adhere to project deadlines and escalates any issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Clear and consistent communication - Effectively presents in various internal forums to key stakeholders (e.g. demos, presentations). Able to present information in meaningful, creative ways that builds the team brand. Able to organise and run working groups to drive projects forward.
- Strong collaboration and team work - Thrives in highly collaborative team environment. Seeks guidance and offers suggestions to create the best outcome for stakeholders and customers.
- Effective role-modelling and leadership of Risk Culture within the team. Ensure implementation of the Group's Risk Management Approach including adherence with policies; and the design, implementation and testing of controls
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct . The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
- Apply quality assurance standards to support our risk management practices
- Demonstrated experience to form strong partnership with stakeholders and influence in the business decisions.
- A solid technical grounding in SQL (essential) extracting raw data from large data warehouses to build data assets and demonstrated experience in data visualisation of complex relationships (e.g. in Tableau).
- Solid technical grounding in advanced analytical tools such as R and/or Python.
- Experience in the application of advanced analytics and/or statistical methods to business problems;
- Ability to transfer technical skills to analytical thinking, problem solving and synthesising findings and communicating implications in a business context.
- Comfortable in driving problem solving sessions with stakeholders in a structured manner
- Demonstrated project end-to-end experience including scoping work, planning, conducting analysis and making recommendations, analytics support and/or developing presentations.
- Sound written and verbal communication, business partnering, teamwork and collaboration skills, and time management with multi-task skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior exposure to data management frameworks and experience with metadata and data modelling.
- Tertiary qualification or industry experience (computer science, statistics, mathematics or related disciplines)
- Knowledge of Financial Services industry and/or Operational Risk
- Interest in furthering their knowledge in statistical modelling with programming skills in R, Python, etc.
- You are analytical, strategic, and a forward thinking creative-problem solver, highly capable of working proactively within a team, leading by example, managing multiple projects simultaneously while navigating through ambiguity.
- You are passionate about customers and the opportunity to build trust and customer advocacy through data driven insights.
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and focused on continuous improvement.
- You look beyond the status quo to try new approaches and tools, thereby lifting the overall capability of the team.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 07/08/2021