Investment Analyst - Client Consulting
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Willis Towers Watson (Australia)
- 23 Oct 17 2017-10-23
Work with consultants to provide first class advice to a range of clients on a broad suite of services including: investment governance advice, risk budgeting, strategic and dynamic asset allocation, portfolio construction, manager selection and monitoring. In joining Willis Towers Watson, you will gain valuable insight from leading industry experts, on the job, every day. You will gain expertise in a variety of investment areas, with potential over time to specialise in those which interest you most. This opportunity would be suitable for a graduate with some experience looking to continue or transition into a career as an investment analyst.
At Willis Towers Watson Investment, we advise large institutional investors, such as super funds, insurers and endowments on their long-term investment strategies. Collectively our Australian clients manage more than $300 billion in assets and are amongst the most innovative and successful institutional investors in Australia. Our clients typically invest in a portfolio of diverse, global investments with the ultimate goal of generating long-term real returns at a rate sufficient to meet their stakeholders' requirements. We add value by developing tailored investment solutions for our clients which are expected to meet these return objectives, but importantly, also take into account each client's tolerance for investment risk, complexity, fee budgets and any other specific requirements. From idea, to innovative research to careful analysis and capable execution, we partner with our clients to give them a competitive edge.
- Build technical knowledge of investment across asset classes, Willis Towers Watson investment processes, other house views and best practice
- Analyse the risk and return characteristics of different asset classes and portfolios using both quantitative models and qualitative methods in order to develop skills in investment strategy, risk budgeting and portfolio construction
- Research and assess fund managers' investment offerings.
- Draft reports for clients on different investment topics, including (but not limited to) investment governance, risk budgeting, asset allocation, portfolio construction and investment manager capabilities
- Engage with various industry participants including fund executives and investment managers
- Build strong relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Support other team-members in carrying out quantitative analysis, assisting in the construction and delivery of client reports and contribute to a collaborative and inclusive team culture
- Work with experienced client facing consultants to iteratively design investment solutions for our clients, which are presented well and in a timely manner
- Take accountability for your agreed deliverables, ensuring achievement of deadlines for your quality contribution into the finalised work product
- Establish and develop professional relationships with clients via a combination of email, telephone and face-to-face contact
- Liaise with members of the wider investment team (both locally and offshore) in order to gain the necessary data/information to provide value-adding solutions to clients
- Co-ordinate the workflow of client assignments, which includes timely escalation of any issues to consultants.
- Contribute to sales and marketing efforts by drafting proposals and responses to RFPs
- A university degree in finance, commerce, economics, actuarial studies or other relevant discipline
- A strong desire to develop a career in investment
- Commitment to completing either CFA or actuarial qualifications (for which Willis Towers Watson provides generous support)
- A desire for intellectual stimulation and challenge
- Strong ability to balance lateral thinking with pragmatism
- Strong analytical skills, logical thought processes and strong numeracy
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in all work
- Ability to utilise your written and verbal communication skills to formulate and present recommendations clearly and concisely
- A natural affinity with people and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong project management/organisational skills, with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
Candidates must have either Australian or New Zealand citizenship or an appropriate permanent working visa.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.