Investment Associate - Infrastructure
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Excellent
- Job Type: Full time
Global Infrastructure Fund. Mix of Asset Management and Transactions. Regulated Utilities experience required.
- Global Infrastructure Fund
- Mix of Asset Management and Transactions
- Regulated Utilities experience required
This fund is considered one of the top 15 global unlisted infrastructure funds in relation to funds under management. Based on growth and a purchase of a recently highly publicised privatisation of a government electrical distribution network there is a need for an Associate to join the team to manage this investment and existing investments in the Energy sector, as well as identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase investment in the sector both in the existing portfolio and outside it.
• Be responsible for providing commercial and analytical insight into the local, pan-Asian and global Energy sector including identifying trends, competitor analysis and general sector performance.
• Ongoing monitoring of the investment performance, valuation and key developments of assets under management;
• Maintaining asset valuation models for monitoring and planning purposes, which includes working with technical industry and financial advisors and independent valuers.
• Interface with portfolio companies particularly when gaining information, checking forecasts.
• Preparation of investment papers or for clients around material asset management matters or ad hoc information requested from clients; and preparation of regular portfolio reporting.
• Identify and assessment of new investment opportunities and assistance in the preparation of investment papers, managing due diligence, managing client interaction and managing the financial close process and documentation.
• Working with the Portfolio Managers and other functions, providing assistance in preparing marketing materials including preparation of pitch books and target client analysis.
For this role we put quite a high value on someone who has had some financial modelling and/or transaction exposure within regulated utilities/electricity generation. An appropriate candidate would have approximately 2-5yrs experience.
You must have full working rights for Australia to be considered for this role.