- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 18 Mar 18
Are you interested in robust and scalable core Java server-side systems? Are you resourceful, curious and innovative? We're looking for someone like that to help us:
- Configure, deploy, support and monitor the global Market Data distribution system in APAC.
- Analyze and troubleshoot.
- Maintain and enhance the system in collaboration with the global team.
- Manage Dev/QA infra and instances, and take Prod system co-ownership.
- Engage with SDLC, continuous improvement, test script maintenance, regression monitoring and quality control.
- Communicate with exchanges, vendors, UBS clients and teams, and other stake-holders.
- Contribute to estimation, documentation and impact analysis and planning
You will take ownership of tasks from inception to production, collaborating with BA, PM and Support teams delivering new market feeds plus enhancements and fixes.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the Application Delivery - Pricing and Market Data (Denali blue-zone) team. Our team offers a mature global market data solution that is a pivotal part of the OMS application stack with whose teams we collaborate. The solution is high volume, high availability and high profile. Focus is on quality. Performance is achieved through adherence to internally-developed Java GC-free networking and collections libraries and efficient code.
The global blue-zone teams are a distributed development capability across regions, with regional market specialties in OMS, market data, static data, algos/SOR, post-trade.
The APAC team includes several market data developers with complementary skills to support and extend APAC markets.
Your experience and skills
You will have:
- connectivity or Protocols, and with networks.
- financial Markets with understanding of Equities/ETD/FX market-data specifics.
- trading Systems and Order Management Systems.
- linux, including sys/admin, scripting in some of shell/Python/Perl/Groovy.
- java, weighted toward systems programming, I/O, GC-free, data-structures, low-latency.
- SDLC, continuous integration, code-review and automated tests.
- well organized, reliable, attentive to detail, collaborative, hard-working
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.