As a talented Java developer with at least 5- 8 years of solid experience to join our transaction reporting team and build out the next generation of our transaction reporting platform. This is an exciting opportunity for you to use the latest technologies like Pulsar, Akka, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes to deliver highly scalable and robust systems, responsible for meeting Macquarie Group's regulatory transaction reporting needs today and well into the future.
You will be working with a group of multi-talented and diverse teams across 3 geographical locations in a fast-paced, challenging DevOps environment. To succeed in this role, you need to be a self-motivated team player and possess excellent communication skills to engage with all levels of our stakeholders. You have a resilient character and relish opportunities to stretch yourself.
In addition to the above, you will ideally have:
- solid knowledge of Java and up to date with the latest Java version: 8 and beyond
- ability to design maintainable and scalable applications
- willingness to own a technology delivery of application
- exposure to other JVM language including Scala/ Groovy is a bonus
- working knowledge of any of the technologies like NoSQL database, AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Akka, Docker/ Kubernetes would be highly desirable
- sound knowledge of Spring family of technologies like Spring Boot or similar Java EE technologies
- basic understanding of Linux with experience in shell scripting
- domain knowledge in regulatory reform or other related financial industry experience will be looked upon favourably.
We also welcome candidates from different backgrounds who believe they have what it takes to succeed. If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply via the link below or get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Advertised:
18 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close: