Lease Administrator (12 months)
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Full time
Lease Administrator (12 months)The opportunity
We currently have a 12 month maximum term full time opportunity for a Lease Administrator to join QIC's Global Real Estate team in Sydney.
Reporting to the Lease Administration Team Lead, the successful candidate will assist the Legal Advisor and Team Lead with the management of the lease administration process from offer documentation at commencement of the negotiations, through to signed lease documentation including the administration of ancillary requirements such as procuring bank guarantees, insurances and processing incentive payments.
The successful candidate will be working within a highly-regarded team, with exposure to guidance, as well as the autonomy to build and develop your career in a "hands on" environment. Specifically, this position will focus on:
- Prepare acceptance letters, lessor disclosure statements and solicitors instructions in accordance with approved lease proposals, for review and approval by the Lease Administration Team Lead
- Prepare lease certification packages following certification from QIC's external solicitors, for review and sign off by the Legal Advisor
- Review proposed lease amendments and prepare draft responses for review and signoff by the Legal Advisor prior to issue
Process and Governance:
- Act as the initial point of contact through which relevant stakeholders can obtain information in relation to the status of active lease negotiations
- Enter the return of signed lease documentation, along with receipt of bank guarantees, holding deposits and insurance certificates, in the lease administration status reports for the relevant asset and provide weekly summaries to the Lease Administration Team Lead
- Liaise with the centre management and tenancy delivery and design teams, as required, in relation to handover dates and to ensure tenancy schedules accurately reflect the signed lease documents
- Ensure the centre management and QIC's external solicitors are advised of correct lease dates and floor areas
- Ensure lease administration files under carriage are properly maintained
The ideal candidate
As an ideal candidate for this role, you will have 2+ years' experience in a property related discipline, ideally with a major retail landlord or as a property/leasing paralegal at a reputable private practise law firm. Working knowledge (or ability to rapidly acquire working knowledge) of the retail shop leasing legislation and principles is a must.
As a strong candidate for this role, you will have the following:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage time and to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Proactivity and strong ability to use initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
Why QIC & Global Real Estate
QIC Limited (QIC) is a leading global alternatives investment provider for sovereign wealth funds, superannuation funds and other institutional investors. QIC delivers services to over 110 like-minded institutional investors in Australia and internationally with more than A$81.1 billion (30 April 2017) in funds under management.
Spanning fixed interest and liquid strategies, infrastructure, real estate, private capital and multi-asset solutions, QIC adapts its approach to suit the investor and the investment context.
At QIC our pursuit is to be an inclusive organisation - one in which every employee has a true voice. We want every employee to have a sense of belonging within QIC and this includes feeling like his or her difference is valued, whatever the difference. We want to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure we are leveraging the uniqueness of all our people.
With approximately A$18.5 billion (30 April 2017) invested in Australian and international retail and commercial properties and a reputation for delivering predictable outcomes for clients over the long term, GRE's team has specialist in-depth experience from deal origination and execution to asset management, leasing, marketing and development.
GRE originated in 1991 as part of QIC's inception. Today, with more than 280 professionals based in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Los Angeles and London, GRE is:
- Consistently ranked as a top performing client-focused investment manager vs peers.
- A stable, long-standing, respected team with specialist depth of expertise.
- Known for discipline, consistent returns and focus.