See yourself in our team
- We support a successful business
- We see risk as an investment
- We perform interesting and challenging work
Risk Management CIL (RMCIL) provides a risk management function to Commonwealth Insurance Limited (the General Insurance business of CBA within the Retail Banking Services Division). The team acts as an Advisor to the business on all risk related matters and also performs all Line 2 assurance functions in accordance with the CBA Operational and Compliance Risk Management frameworks. Do work that matters
Reporting to the Senior Manager Compliance, you will assist in the proactive line 2 review and assurance activity over key components of the risk and compliance management framework. On any given day you will:
We're interested in hearing from people who possess:
- Provide timely and pragmatic risk and compliance advice to the General Insurance and Finance and Actuarial Teams;
- Proactively monitor the legislative and regulatory landscape for change impacting the CIL business and communicate those changes to impacted business lines in sufficient time to ensure compliance obligations are met;
- Provide compliance advice to the business on incidents to ensure that recommendations on reportability can be made by key decision makers in line with the requirements of the Incident Management standard and Regulatory deadlines;
- Support the Senior Manager Compliance in identifying, reviewing and maintaining compliance obligations data flowing from Regulatory change;
- Review, challenge and advise on the implementation and embedding of the Compliance Risk Management framework;
- Participate in Line 2 assurance activity to periodically test the implementation and embedding of compliance obligations;
- Maintain the CIL Significant Policy framework through coordinating the review and update of CIL Policies and preparation of reporting to the Management and Board governance forums; and
- Undertake key Governance, projects or compliance role(s) as required to support the overall risk management framework for CIL.
- General Insurance experience is a key requirement given the CIL business.
- Demonstrated experience with compliance management frameworks, specifically within Financial Services;
- Critical thinking, analytic and innovative mindset, with the ability to manage complex stakeholders; and
- Tertiary qualifications in Law, Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 24/02/2020