Manager, FSO Assurance (Superannuation), Sydney
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We are looking for Managers to join our Financial Services Office Assurance team in our Sydney office. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis. We are seeking driven and ambitious Managers to play a key role in driving growth by developing new and existing client relationships, leading highly skilled project teams an delivering a first-class customer experience on high-profile engagements. In return helping us build a better working world you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading audit engagements, defining audit strategies, managing team performance and keeping engagement leaders updated
- Effectively managing audit processes with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters
- Coach and mentor less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge
- Engaging superannuation clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transaction, including identification of improvements in business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver these to clients
- Constantly developing our understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients' unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
Ideally, you'll also have
- 6+ years' experience as an auditor
- Demonstrated experience delivering external audit and assurance engagements at Manager level
- Experience with Financial Services (Superannuation) clients is essential
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- A recognised accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA)
Who are FSO?
- Knowledge of the Superannuation industry in Australia
EY are the only professional services organisation offering a separate team dedicated exclusively to the financial services market. Join the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective to a range of high profile companies. We provide a highly integrated team, combining the knowledge from across our service lines to provide advice and guidance to key industry groups including wealth and asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance.
Apply and see where a career with FSO Advisory can take you! What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2020 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.