Manager, Insurance Sector, Financial Services Risk Management - Sydney
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
https://www.ey.com/au/transformativeage The opportunity
We are looking for a Manager within the Financial Services Risk Management team in our Sydney office. This role is offered on a full-time basis.
EY's Financial Services practice is a unique industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants, including commercial banks, investment banks, asset managers, insurance and superannuation companies.
The EY Australian Insurance Risk team work closely with the actuarial team and have a market leading position in risk management, leading on many CPS 220 Risk Management, BEAR (Banking Executive Accountability Regime) and enterprise risk management engagements with large multinational and domestic clients. The EY Enterprise Risk Services practice delivers sustainable benefits to our clients though enhancing business decisions using improved and effective risk management.
The opportunity - the CRO agenda is one that is going through radical change.
As risk management matures in the insurance industry and the outcome of the Royal Commission are implemented by insurers, there is an opportunity for leading consultancies to clearly articulate their vision for best-practice enterprise risk management and culture across the industry. This will range from organisational culture and design, enhancement of risk appetites, flow of information and risk identification, and how companies respond to information received. It is from here that companies can then be advised on specific elements of the framework in more detail, from modelling and managing specific risks to designing detailed management information - ultimately performing a full transformation programme for the client, using all of EY's advisory services.
Our objective is to be market leading on the CRO agenda and the aim of this role is to build and deliver that market leadership in the area of Enterprise Risk Management. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Design and review of end-to-end risk management frameworks
- Design and review of governance and organisational structure
- Support firms as they prepare for BEAR implementation
- Risk management culture and effectiveness design and review
- Contribute to the articulation of EY findings, conclusions and recommendations in writing or verbally
- Support the analysis of emerging issues, the articulation of an EY point of view and the development of an EY proposition
- Responsible for engagement planning, management, and leading small teams in insurance engagements
- Lead EY work on-site on a day to day basis
- Support bids and proposals for new client opportunities and grow existing valued relationships
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support and updating senior members on progress
- Mentor staff and conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
Ideally, you'll also have
- Typically 5+ years experience of General and/or Life Insurance risk experience at a major insurer, intermediary, APRA or another Advisory firm
- Knowledge and experience of risk management frameworks in insurance organisations
- Up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment impacting insurers and other financial services organisations
- Experience of managing and developing people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring will be required.
- Strong academic background at least a 2:1 within a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a business, actuarial or finance related degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for report writing and client presentations
Who are FSO?
- Strong project management experience ideally relating to risk projects in insurance businesses
- Knowledge, or experience of supervisors activity on risk management related matters in insurance firms would be advantages
- Client management skills and ability to build and develop networks and relationships
- Ability to prioritise and challenge
- Business consulting experience, with excellent client liaison and communication skills as well as commercial awareness
- A proactive attitude and are seeking the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
EY are the only professional services organisation offering a separate team dedicated exclusively to the financial services market. Join the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective to a range of high profile companies. We provide a highly integrated team, combining the knowledge from across our service lines to provide advice and guidance to key industry groups including wealth and asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance.
Apply and see where a career with FSO Advisory can take you!
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Build your legacy with us. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $75,000 including 9.5% superannuation
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.