Manager, Risk & Control Enablement, DOT ES
Do work that matters helping create a better Bank
The ES Chief Controls Office team is responsible for ensuring that new and changing processes are assessed, awareness is raised and risk mitigations are in place.
This role will work closely with the Digital Operations and Technology team within Enterprise Services to strengthen and drive effective Technology Risk Management and assist with uplifting controls and risk culture. Digital Operations and Technology deliver the technology underpinning CommBank's Retail Bank including CommBank App, NetBank, ATM's, Branches, Contact Centres and Core Banking. See yourself in our team
The ES Chief Controls Office works with the business, including Project and Portfolio Managers, Service Owners, Business Owners, Enterprise Procurement and Partnerships (EPP) and Cyber Security to capture and assess technology and operational risks and test mitigating controls identified through major projects and change initiatives across the Group.
We bring together specialist risk advice to support the business in the delivery of their outcomes within an effective risk culture. In this role you will gain experience in:
We're interested in hearing from people with
- Start-up (e.g. contributing to a new service, product, business, system or process)
- Turn around (e.g. resolving inherited business challenges, turning around a struggling business area/team)
- Organisational change (e.g. leading, managing or contributing to a strategic refocus, a restructure, an acquisition/merger or change management)
- Project management (e.g. managing and/or implementing key projects, applying process excellence methodology, managing cross-business project teams, influencing and negotiating with others)
- Risk management (e.g. managing financial, customer and reputation risks or risk processing/reporting)
- People management (e.g. developing others, handling difficult customer situations)
- External relations (e.g. representing the organisation externally through direct vendor management)
- 3-5 years' experience in banking/financial services/other relevant experience, and/or minimum 3 years' experience in Operational Risk management roles.
- Risk Mindset
- Analytical skills - identify risks and opportunities and recommend appropriate actions
- Influencing and consulting skills - build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of Operational and Compliance Risk frameworks would be advantageous
- Retail Banking specific knowledge and commercial aptitude
- Controls design experience
- People leadership skills
- Tertiary qualifications in finance, accounting, economics, science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or related subjects
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 27/02/2020