Manager Risk and Control Advisory and Delivery
Do work that matters:
- You are strategic and a driven problem solver
- We are a diverse team focused on building a simpler, better bank
A&I Finance are part of the Retail Banking Services (RBS) finance team and support the Advice & Insurance business including:
• General Insurance
• Commonwealth Financial Planning
• Retail Wealth Distribution
• A&I Support functions
The A&I Finance team provides management information, forecast analysis, business advice and insight to our business partners, financial control and governance.
The Manager, Line 1 Risk supports A&I Finance by empowering the team to make risk informed decisions in achieving its objectives. This is done by helping the team to assess its risks and maintaining a sound control environment.
You are responsible for ensuring that strong controls are in place and decisions are well informed, timely and socialised. You will achieve this through providing an end to end risk and control service, including the effective design & implementation of controls, ensuring the operational risk & compliance frameworks are effectively implemented in A&I Finance BU's and also ensuring each BU Leadership Team has the right level of comfort and governance within their risk environment. More specifically you will:
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct . The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
- Responsible for the design and implementation / support the business to design and implement controls and develop process maps to enable better risk and compliance outcomes.
- Responsible for ensuring risks are profiled and captured in the Risk Profile (RCSA) and update when risk trigger events occur.
- Responsible for the effective design of controls for all new and changing processes and operations, and support the business through the implementation.
- Responsible for data quality in/maintain various databases (including RiskInSite) and monthly management reporting.
- Conduct and manage Control Assurance Program (CAP) testing, including the development of test scripts, and report on assurance findings.
- Prepare information to support the strategic planning process and conduct analysis, tracking and reporting on the Risk Appetite Statement (RAS).
- Responsible for reporting on operational risk and control profiles, issues, incidents and other matters.
- Work effectively with Line 2 colleagues to determine optimal course of action to remediate any significant data integrity issues within the BU/SU.
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Ability to analyse/identify risks and opportunities and recommend appropriate actions
- Influencing and consulting skills, the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to think critically and analytically and use data driven insights to solve problems
- Knowledge of Operational and Compliance Risk frameworks would be advantageous
- Controls design experience
- Previous experience in general insurance/banking/financial services/other relevant experience, and/or previous experience in Operational Risk management roles.
- Tertiary qualifications in finance, accounting, business, economics, science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or related subjects
- Globally recognised accounting post graduate qualification e.g. Chartered Accountant, ACCA, CPA
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 09/04/2020