Manager Risk and Control Advisory and Delivery
Do work that matters
The role fundamentally supports the Everyday Banking team in achieving their vision "to improve the financial wellbeing of our customers and communities by building financial betterment".
This position will support the Everyday Banking team in the appropriate management of issues and incidents and complaints management. See yourself in our team
The Everyday Banking & Payments (EDB) team is accountable for managing the retail transaction account, debit card, savings, investment and foreign exchange portfolio within the Retail Bank. We also define and execute the Retail Payments Development strategy and associated innovation agenda. This portfolio is at the heart of the Retail Bank's franchise - an anchor product for customers who consider CBA their main financial institution.
The Quality and Controls team sits within the EDB business and is responsible for proactive management of risk and controls including early identification, control testing, driving risk remediation for issues and incidents, and root cause analysis to ensure the business is managing within risk appetite. In any given week you will be responsible for;
Your path looks like
- Working closely with teams across EDB and our value chain to ensure that our risk framework requirements are met and that the business operates within risk appetite .
- Work ing in close collaboration with the EDB community to identify, understand and manage issues and incidents across the portfolio and drive insights to prevent future issues and incidents.
- Assisting with management of strategic relationships with internal and external parties to ensure effective implementation and initiatives and programmes in reducing and resolving complaints.
- Setting expectat ions and manage data quality in including RiskInSite to provide senior business leaders with insights on monthly management reporting.
- Driving continuous improvement of the business control environment by using data to generate insights and reports .
- Leading and coaching team members to identify, initiate and manage actions to mitigate risks and to strengthen controls, including issues identified through audits and other external processes .
As a Risk Manager and key advisor to the business, you will have visibility and exposure across Everyday Banking and Payments Product and Channels. In the course of this role, you will have exposure across senior stakeholders across the Everyday Banking value chain as well as the broader Retail Bank Line 1 risk team. You will also have the opportunity to gain exposure to World Class Risk methodologies and frameworks. We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- The ability to analyse/identify risks and opportunities and recommend appropriate actions
- Influencing and consulting skills .
- The ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills .
- Strong Knowledge of Operational and Compliance Risk frameworks .
- Experience in banking/financial services/other relev ant experience, and/or minimu m experience in Operational Risk management roles .
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 27/10/2020