Manager Risk and Control Governance, Planning and Reporting
Do Work That Matters:
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world's best systems and processes.
Digital Operations & Technology (DOT) is an integral part of CBA, delivering the Group Digital Strategy through amazing teams embedded within the RBS & ES business units. See Yourself in Our Team:
The DOT Strategy & Performance team is responsible for ensuring that Digital Operations & Technology (DOT) has the strategy, portfolio and processes in place to help deliver the Group's vision and maintain our reputation as a leader in technology and innovation. We are the front door for all DOT initiatives and we manage the DOT portfolio. The team focusses on strategy, risk, finance, data & analytics, portfolio management, initiative development, change management, comms and events.
The Digital Risk and Controls team, supports the digital channels including:
Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Online banking (NetBank)
- CommBank website
- CommBank mobile banking applications
This role will support BAU risk portfolio management activities across the Digital project portfolio within RBS, but may encompass some additional risk activities from time to time. Being willing and able to interact on an agile basis across BAU and RiC initiatives to support the team and the DOT business will be a key measure of success for this role.
You will help to maintain a comprehensive risk management framework to enable the portfolio to meet its business outcomes by:
We're Interested in Hearing From People Who Have:
- Facilitating risk and control deep dives to ensure adherence to Control Self-Assessment framework and reflected in Riskinsite;
- Identifying proactive risk reduction activity; control enhancements and/or new control development and align to target residual risk rating.
- Facilitating the Digital control stabilisation and uplift activities prioritised for FY20.
- Assisting in the management of the Incident Reporting Framework in line with group standards:
- Managing issues management framework, including audit activity. Track open issues to ensure timely completion, co-ordinate review, investigation and remediation
- Strong understanding of the dynamics and working of a sound risk and control environment
- Strong knowledge of retail banking, with knowledge of online and digital banking a distinct advantage
- Can identify critical threats and opportunities and take action to resolve accordingly
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including the ability to influence across a range of stakeholder groups up to senior executive level
- Ability to analyse trends, diagnose problems and issues and then recommend appropriate actions dealing with the underlying root causes
- Confidence and ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and prioritise your work accordingly
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 07/04/2020