New and exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced Risk Professional to be based in Hong Kong or Singapore. The main function of the role will to be to provide support to the Chief Risk Officer (APAC) and the groups under the APAC Regional Risk framework, including: Credit, Market, Liquidity, Operational Risk, Compliance and Financial Crime Risk.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 c
Market Job Description
About the Role
New and exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced Risk Professional to be based in Hong Kong or Singapore.
The main function of the role will to be to provide support to the Chief Risk Officer (APAC) and the groups under the APAC Regional Risk framework, including: Credit, Market, Liquidity, Operational Risk, Compliance and Financial Crime Risk.
A key focus of this position is coordinating Risk Oversight across all key Risks Types (including Credit, Market, Liquidity, Counterparty risk, as well as Quantitative Risk Analytics) and broader Risk Initiatives across more than a dozen (12) markets and twenty (20) legal entities in APAC with US based and Regional Risk and Business leaders
- Act as trusted advisor to the RCRO APAC and the rest of the Regional Risk Leadership team
- Work with Head of Risk Oversight, Country Risk Officers and the Risk leaders to create and maintain a comprehensive strategic plan for the group's activities, and lead initiatives to enable its implementation
- Support Proactive Business Engagement of behalf of RCRO, focusing on understanding the needs of the Business (as they pertain to the risk functions) and creating appropriate strategic solutions
- Support Risk and Business Projects (current portfolio of about 10 projects) by providing and coordinating IRM input, oversight and credible challenge (as appropriate)
- Supports initiatives and Enterprise wide Projects for the Risk group, tracking of project deliverables and tasks with a high degree of understanding of highly complex processes and systems and their interdependencies, and regulatory and internal control requirements
- Supporting Country Risk Officers across APAC to ensure Regional IRM Coverage Model executed effectively
- Support and Coordinate Regulatory submissions across APAC (13 markets) on behalf of RCRO office
- Regional Responsibilities for APAC – coordinating activities across all Lines of Business and Markets, focusing on (but not limited to) Financial Risk Management
- Providing a holistic perspective, technical oversight and support in areas such as Credit portfolio management, ALM risk, Model risk, IFRS9
- Driving and coordinating Regional Stress Testing across multiple risk stripes and LoBs
- Seeks to drive a holistic approach and efficiencies across all risk stripes and evidence of credible challenge across all regional committees and forums, focusing on OpCo, LE Boards, ALCO, WFSAL Board and Credit and Market Risk Forum
- Support Head of Risk Governance with holistic review and aggregation of all risk information for use by the risk team and the formulation of risk reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Conducting deep dives into specific areas of focus based on Risk and Regulatory priorities
- Conduct an ongoing operational review of the risk policies and practices, including the continuous identification and implementation of process and system improvements.
- Consistently communicate the Risk vision and objectives to the Risk groups and provide direction and leadership as needed
Market Skills and Certifications
- University Degree in Quantitative or Risk discipline
- Experience of more than 7 years in Risk Management experience across APAC, from a similar role
- Holistic Risk Management experience covering Credit, Market, ALM and Liquidity Risk Management across multiple areas within Wholesale Banking and Markets
- Hands on understanding of Risk Analytics and Quantitative technics
- Experience in capital markets, asset management and/or lending businesses
- Able to execute large complex initiatives in a large corporate environment, while effectively partnering with others.
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business issues and identify key risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with both the line of business and technical Team Members
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of the US and APAC/International wholesale banking regulatory environment a distinct advantage
- Ability to manage many competing projects effectively for on-time delivery
- Self-starter and able to recognize opportunities for improvement and to act on those opportunities.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.