- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi Australia
- 21 Apr 18
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Marketing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18018668
Citi is more than a global financial services company. It's an engine for progress. Join us, and you'll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here.
We've built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. And today, our influence continues to grow: with financial operations in 160 countries and 100 currencies. We have 200 million different clients, including some of the biggest names in the industries, sectors, businesses and governments that we serve every day. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.
The Marketing Manager for Cards Partnerships will develop and implement strategies and campaigns to maximise the acquisition of profitable new to bank (NTB) credit cards customers across external Partners. This is achieved through multiple acquisition channels with the primary focus being the Card Services and BOQ portfolios.
- Achieving new to bank and cross-sell account targets utilising all Marketing channels
- End-to-end management of the marketing and marketing related operational activity, to support the Partner's cards acquisition marketing strategies, including offer development and marketing campaigns (eDMs, POS activity, branch collateral, OBTM/IBTM and mortgage cross-sell activity)
- Works with Partners as the key contact point for Partnership Acquisition Marketing - leads the day-to-day management of the marketing strategy and implementation
- Develops yearly marketing plans and ongoing campaign strategies in conjunction with the Partners. Monitors results and seeks continuous CPA improvement (when appropriate) and channel optimisation
- Monitors key acquisition metrics (approval rates, daily volumes, cancellation rates by channel)
- and influences improvements as required
- Works with key internal stakeholders to deliver profitable offers and acquisition KPIs - including Partnership Commercial and Product, Sales and Distribution, Risk, Compliance, Finance, Product Operations, Credit Operations, Digital, Decision Management, Customer Experience, call centres, etc.
- Works with the broader Partnership team (Commercial and Product, Sales and Distribution) to achieve the best outcomes for the Partners and for Citi - fosters a team relationship with shared goals
- Working with Database Marketing and Analytics to develop Acquisition strategies for pricing, special offers, and product mix
- Managing the annual budget and monthly accrual process for all acquisition campaigns; meeting all reporting deadlines including accruals, campaign calendars and marketing metrics and ensuring ongoing optimisation of budget allocations
- Be the point person at Citi for the Card Services and BOQ Marketing Acquisition activity, driving the strategic direction of all initiatives and managing the campaign pipeline
- Focus on meeting revenue targets while managing risk and minimising costs per account. Contribute to targets relating to Partner performance including, attrition, activation, BT rates, revolve rate, ANR and profitability
- Gain an in-depth understanding of profit models and associated drivers, credit and risk policies - to support offer development and trend analysis. Monitor monthly financial statements and key indicators to determine specific areas for improvement
- Responsible for providing reporting and insights on Partner Card Acquisition (Card Services and BOQ) including, but not limited to, campaign calendars, marketing metrics, budgets and contribution to the monthly Business Review and quarterly/half yearly/annual reviews
- Develop and implement marketing activity by leveraging processes and controls to mitigate risks. Partner Marketing Checklists, Activity Briefs, Communications Approvals, Maker/Checker Process, etc.
- Implement process improvements where possible to minimise campaign timelines and maximise account bookings. Continually investigate ways to achieve improvement in areas of risk management, application processing and decisioning, Fraud, Citiphone, and the Mailhouse
- Develop strong relationships with all internal stakeholders - to assist in optimising account acquisition of all products
- Minimum 3-5 years in Marketing
- Experience in credit cards considered a plus
- Strong background in retail marketing preferred
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of business goals
- Communicate clearly and concisely, with impact and credibility using appropriate language, style and terminology
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities and develop appropriate solutions.
- Flexibility to adapt to an ever-changing environment, while maintaining focus and drive
- Able to manage time and competing priorities to deliver effective outcomes
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or related discipline