Network Development Engineer
Amazon is the worlds most customer centric company and is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Network Engineers to help deploy and automate one of the worlds largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services, our goal is to become The Infrastructure Platform to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate. Networking seeks exceptional Network Development Engineers to join their Data Center Backbone Operations team. Our engineers anticipate high-stake challenges, design and architect networks which fail safely, and scale infinitely. We innovate to support all aspects of connectivity within AWS, between its data centers, and with the rest of the world.To continue to grow we need NDE's who can push platforms to their limits and bypass limitations imposed by third party software and• Design network topologies, architectures, and services that solve for many requirements• Design ahead of current customer's or technology needs, predict and solve for future problems• Create and defend High Level Design (HLD)• Influence technology roadmaps, construct and test his/her solutionsAs a NDE working within Datacenter Network Edge Team you will:Be responsible for deploying network infrastructure across our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, S3, EC2 and our other AWS services.Design and Architect network across multiple global datacenters. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.Drive improvements of our current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.Create simple, repetitive deployment and maintenance processes that increase both velocity and quality.Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.Create and implement changes on the network.Be responsible for Network Operations and participate in oncall rotas.Drive to improve network performance.Drive design, implementation and ongoing management of our networks.Operationalise and Automate tasks that allow us to scale our networks at unprecedented volumeDrive to implement/maintain monitoring and alerting of our network infrastructure.Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing scalable solutions, troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* 5+ years professional experience working in datacenter networking environments or cloud service provider.
* understanding with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, ISIS, BGP and MPLS
* Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS or JunOS.
* Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
* Experience in automation simple tasks via Perl/Python scripting
* Ability to troubleshoot network performance and application issues using diagnostics tools.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* In depth network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills;
* In depth experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
* Technical leadership capabilities
* Design and Architect Network Systems
* Deep experience Linux based systems and applications.
* Experience in Automation of Network Operations using Python/Perl programming.
* Deploying Network Systems in a large scaled datacenter.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.