OU leader for Australia
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
OU leader for AustraliaExternal job description
• Since 1994, Amazon has continuously expanded its product selection and innovated on behalf of customers in an on-going effort to fulfil its stated ambition of being earth's most customer-centric company. Its massive worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centers delights customers around the world, both directly through Amazon and on behalf of merchants, or Sellers, on the Amazon platform.
• The Seller Support team acts as the primary interface between Amazon Services, Merchants and Vendors selling on the Amazon.com platforms, creating a customer-centric culture and driving the highest quality and delivery of service. Currently, the Seller Support organization has over 10MM unique interactions with Sellers, many of whom are CEOs of companies, which are the eco system of Amazon Marketplace. Sellers are our customers and every interaction represents an opportunity to enhance and accelerate growth for a Seller's business.
• For this reason, the Sellers Support organization requires a leader who is obsessed with delivering a 'perfect' experience through our outsourced partners. Customer obsession translates into being passionate about eliminating defects at the root cause, delivering exceptional experiences that delight Sellers, and consistently adding value and trust to our Seller relationships.
As a Senior Leader of Operation Unit (OU) in Australia, you will be responsible for managing Seller Support operation centers in / out of the country, and driving customer experience improvement. You will manage partner and vendor relationships, drive operational excellence, and partner with internal Amazon teams to positively impact the Seller experience. You will also design and implement the framework and assessment required to define new operation locations required to scale Seller Support Australia operation growth. Previous work experience in contact center management, international operation management, and corporate representation will be valuable in this role.
As a Senior leader you will be input focused and have isolated and correlated inputs to achieve impactful outputs, build closed loop processes and measures to ensure improvements are realized. You will utilize your ability to assess situations and guide teams toward both short-term and longer term systemic changes.
• You will find this role is different from traditional customer services roles due to the onus on strategic, technological, international and organizational development.
For more information on the businesses touched by this role, please see;
At Amazon, we believe innovation should occur throughout the organization. This disruptive leader will stimulate and pioneer innovation in operational and Seller service excellence and be an active voice and member of the Seller Services leadership team.
Reporting directly to the Director of the Seller Support organization, the role is based in Sydney, Australia and requires moderate travel to, India, Asia Pacific, and Seattle, WA in USA.
• 10+ years' experience in a call center environment, preferably in outsourced operational leadership.
• Bachelor's degree required. MBA advantageous.
• Strong business analytics and leadership skills.
• Program and technical management.
• Operations process standardization.
• Demonstrated project management leadership.
• Quality management, and performance management.
• Experience with outsourcing contact center environment.
• Experience creating and conducting executive business presentations.
• Up to 20% international travel is required in this role
• Masters, MBA or other advanced degree
• COPC Certified Coordinator
• Experience with LEAN and/or Six Sigma methodologies
• Experience in Lean Thinking or TPS process improvement a plus
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires & develops great people
• Has relentlessly high standards
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Thinks big and has convictions
• Results oriented
• Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others