Operational Risk Manager
- $140,000 + Super + Bonus
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Mars Recruitment
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
An opportunity has arisen at a Sydney Banking client for a Senior Operational Risk Manager to join their team in a key role within the Risk Management Department.
This is a multi-faceted project based role in the 2nd line of defence, responsible for advising 1st line, including Senior Executive Members about implementation of new and updated Global NFR Policies, Minimum Standards and Procedures.
The Senior Operational Risk Manager will manage all facets of the operational risk framework through implementation, ongoing review and enhancement. In addition, the Senior Operational Risk Manager will play a key role in ensuring the bank operates effectively within its own risk appetite by being responsible for driving a culture of risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Risk identification and assessment
- Embedding the operational risk framework across the relevant businesses
- Leading team activities to embed risk-based decision making
- Risk measurement and risk reporting
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring the Risk Management Framework
- Identifying and assessing key risks including operational, strategic, compliance, regulatory etc.
- Participation in the development and embedding of the risk culture
- Investigating and reporting on actual or potential breaches
You will have:
- A Financial services background and experience in Operational Risk, Audit or Compliance
- Ability to identify and pursue solutions to manage operational risks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to engage with the business and senior Management
If this sounds like your next opportunity or if you would like a confidential career discussion then please feel free to message me on Jacob.email@example.com or call me on 0451350075.