Operations Infrastructure Lead
Role: Operations Infrastructure Lead Business Unit: Group Technology Type: Full-time, permanent How will I help?
Our ideal candidate is an individual who's driven by technology and enjoys operations, automation and problem solving. Customer satisfaction, ensuring high availability and uptime of production systems is one of our core commitments and we work hard to strive for those while having fun, innovating and challenging status quo.
As the Workplace Automation Team Leader, not only will you be responsible for keeping our systems up and running, you will also help shape the architecture and infrastructure to smoothly run our systems and automate all aspects of our Digital Workplace Services portfolio. While personality and ability to learn are keys to success on our team, you should already have the technical skills described in the job requirements below to hit the ground running.
Workplace Automation Team Leader
- MS Orchestrator / Powershell / VMware Orchestration
- Permanent Role
- Leading a DevOps team of 5
What do I need?
- Lead a DevOps engineering team who focus on all aspects of infrastructure, tools, automation, and daily operational metrics to ensure highest productivity for our Digital Workplace Services
- Development of the team in accordance with Westpac's people principles and processes, including contributing to maximising employee performance and providing mentoring and coaching, etc. to ensure the team is effectively managed and sufficiently equipped to deliver required services to the Westpac Group
- Build, create and maintain automated solutions with scripting, build systems, backup systems, shared resources and other integrated systems
- Design and develop hybrid blueprints and workflows including integration code in multiple technologies.
- Assist in the end to end automation of services across the Digital Workplace Services portfolio including Identity & Access Management services
- High availability of services and validated processes for disaster recovery at differing degrees of service/component failure
- People Leadership experience covering coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Strong ITIL V3 knowledge (Minimum ITIL foundation certification preferred)
- Experience in automation/orchestration and configuration management products such as MS Orchestrator.
- Experience in standard integration protocols SOAP, REST API.
- Experience in Application UI, Workflow Configuration
- Exposure to cloud technologies is a required competency. Integration between hybrid cloud technologies is crucial for the success of our service delivery platform.
- Sound communication and presentation skills are necessary to be able to collaborate in a dynamic working environment.
What's it like to work there?
- Experience in automation/orchestration
- Exposer to Cloud Technologies
- Integration Protocols
- Operating System
- Application UI
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you'll get lots of perks including some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We'll even pay you to do volunteer or community work. How do I apply?
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.