Operations Manager, Asia-Pacific Global Tax Desk - Sydney
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
- Connect locally and globally from anywhere using our advanced technology solutions
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We are looking for a Manager within the International Tax and Transactions Advisory team in our Sydney office where the role is offered on a full-time basis. Our global tax desk network is staffed by tax professionals from approximately 15 global jurisdictions (i.e., Asia, EMEIA and the Americas), providing real time tax advice to our global clients. The teams work together with our local country tax professionals to provide in-depth tax advice on the laws in their home jurisdictions and tax-effective structuring of multi-country transactions to clients who are engaged in international transactions or expanding across borders. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures
- Prepare financial reports on a monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and ad-hoc basis and manage the updating process of Desk reporting templates
- Oversee financial budgeting, reporting and planning; employees headcount budgeting and forecasting
- Attracting talent and setting training standards and hiring procedures. Analyzing and improving organizational processes, and work to improve quality, productivity and efficiency
- Manage performance and remuneration reviews together with Talent team and Desk Leadership Team
Ideally, you'll also have
- Strong background in talent management in areas such as performance management, recruitment, workforce planning, process improvement and learning and development for a large global staffing population
- Demonstrated ability to understand and integrate cultural differences to effectively work with cross-cultural teams
- Proven experience in HR data analysis and reporting, financial modelling and forecasting to enhance operations and employee engagement
Who are Tax?
- The ability to speak another language such as Mandarin or Cantonese
- Strong stakeholder management skills and proven ability to perform effectively in a large global matrix organisation
EY's Tax practice believes a better working world is helping our clients navigate through a rapidly- changing business and tax environment. EY professionals combine agility, diverse thought, tax technical depth and the power of technology and analytics to provide exceptional value to clients by developing and executing strategies quickly and effectively, with strong accountability and governance. Learn more about Tax here - https://www.ey.com/au/abouttax What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Make your mark. Apply Now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $113,000 including 9.5% superannuation.
© 2020 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.