Partner Solution Architect
Are you a builder who can think outside the box? Are you passionate about scaling a unique cloud-learning initiative globally? AWS GameDay is a hands-on, team-based learning format which teaches AWS services, cloud best practices, and teamwork in gamified training events. This is a simulation exercise that replicates experiences that technologists face in their day-to-day in order to better prepare them for the worst-case scenarios in the real-world, and educate them on how to use the latest and greatest technology that AWS has to offer. Teams are given live AWS accounts and tasked with various challenges, and they will either earn or lose points based on their success. Real-time feedback assists participants throughout. Our main goal is for customers to use GameDay as a learning mechanism which will ultimately help them operate their businesses smarter on AWS.
We host GameDay events publicly at conferences such as re:Invent, and privately for our customers, ranging from startups to large enterprises. We are looking for a GameDay technical lead who will own building new content, maintaining our portfolio, assisting in growing our brand, and improving the customer experience as we deliver these unique events worldwide.
If you have development experience at a startup or in a similar fast-paced environment, are excited to work with modern tools, can operate efficiently through ambiguity, and deliver on-time. then this job is for you. You will enjoy this role if you are a problem solver with broad technical skills and have the ability to drive technical conversations. The team is small and focused today, and will grow over the coming year, giving you plenty of opportunity to grow your skills and play to your strengths.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As the GameDay technical lead, your top priority will be producing and maintaining fun, exciting, and educational training content. You'll also help define our roadmap and development workflow, ensuring that development practices are held to a high standard. You will understand the latest cloud market trends to determine what content our customers want more of, and what services are in high demand, in order to strategically build new challenges. Your cloud experience will allow you to understand common customer pitfalls and pain points, and where GameDay can help transfer knowledge to customers in their day jobs. You will write documentation such as operator guides and FAQs covering your content so that other AWS teams can run GameDays for their customers in hands-on trainings.
At Amazon it is always Day One: we never stop building and innovating on behalf of our customers. The same is true when it comes to diversity. Using our Leadership Principles to guide us, we are innovating in diversity, inclusion, and equality like we do in all areas of our business: using data, thinking big, and building disruptive solutions. We seek diverse builders from all walks of life to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work. Basic Qualifications
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
• 5+ years architecting and operating solutions built on AWS
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT managers, and developers
• Can travel up to 20% of the time Preferred Qualifications
• Has built, delivered, and participated in hands-on technical trainings (workshops, hackathons, bootcamps)
• Has experience applying gamification to training or competitive environments
• Has a history of building and delivering small projects with others, has a GitHub presence in the community
• Embraces ambiguity as an opportunity to innovate and is not afraid to take calculated risks