Portfolio Associate, Wealth Management
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Mar 18 2018-03-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) provides Wealth Management services to individual and corporate clients investing in both domestic and international markets across key asset classes, and broader services including financial planning, margin lending and managed funds investments.
Within the Wealth Management division, we are currently seeking a Portfolio Associate to join our consistently performing and growing team based in Sydney.
You will be expected to focus on providing first class service to the Financial Advisors and their Clients. This is a high volume and time critical role. This should be the type of environment that you thrive and excel in. On a day to day basis, you will be involved in all phases of the client relationship, covering marketing, seminars, pitching for business and providing financial advice (in due course) under the guidance of the senior advisor.
• Facilitate all aspects of client on-boarding and on-going account administration
• Arrange and assist with Asset Transfers
• Coordinate Initial Public Offering bids and allocations for Adviser team
• Liaise with Operations and external agents regarding client and FA queries
• Coordinate client seminars, conferences and presentations
• Maintain account files and undertake regular follow-up on missing documents
• Process and monitor settlements and payments across all asset classes
• Work with clients to develop long term relationships producing regular sales activity and revenue.
• Attract new customer assets under management to the company for investment in equities or related products offered by the company
• Develop a referral network of potential clients through direct contact, referral and other marketing techniques
• Provide appropriate trading and investment advice in line with parameters set by Management, based on market opportunities, asset allocation and a deep understanding of each client’s financial objectives
• Effectively analyse and manage client portfolios within changing global economic environments, in line with individual client objectives
• Provide the highest quality of service and constantly strive to enhance the integrity and reputation of the firm in all client and internal dealings, under the guidance of their Senior Sponsoring Advisor
• Identify cross-sell products and services offered by the firm
• Comply with the ethical standards contained within the Code of Conduct
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements, in particular client suitability and agreed parameters for the provision of personal advice
• Immediately escalate potential and actual client complaints to Branch Management or Compliance
• Bachelor or higher degree qualified
• Relevant financial services experience across markets, funds and/ or para-planning.
• RG 146 compliant
• Outstanding IT literacy, database and analytical skills
• Expertise in Australian and global securities markets
• Knowledge of global Company policies and procedures
• Knowledge of Australian and US securities regulations and compliance requirements
• Strategic awareness and entrepreneurial insight
• Strong knowledge of financial markets and the Wealth Management Industry
• Understanding of compliance and legal requirements within MSWM
• Ability to apply this knowledge to ensure technical or professional solutions are delivered
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight time frames within a team
• Strong client focus with the ability to build rapport at all levels, both internal and external
• Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation and relationship management skills
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.