Portfolio Manager About Us:
the Chief Data Office is accountable for leading the Group data agenda by ensuring we build, consume and protect the best data assets to maximize customer experience and rebuild trust. The Chief Data Office is accountable for data strategy, data transformation programs, data governance and remediation programs of work, Privacy program as well as delivery of $100m projects within the CDO remit. Your Team:
Your team is of data management, analytics, information management, decisioning and privacy management professionals, driven to enhance the financial wellbeing of our customers in a safe, sound and secure way.
The team is accountable for the ownership and governance of Group-wide data elements including master reference data and the Group's key analytics capabilities including GDW, Omnia, SAS, R, Tableau, Oracle BI, Ab Initio and Data Stage. Your Responsibilities:
This role will aim to drive project delivery discipline across demand, cost, time, risk, issues, quality, maintain portfolio health reporting for extended LT and ES. act as primary interface to ES PMO, ePMO, BU PMOs
You are also expected to ensure consistency in delivery approach across change, provide excellence in Portfolio Management tooling - Planview, support CDO investment planning and capacity planning, prioritisation and sequencing across the CDO Portfolio and conduct delivery health checks.
The role will also drive streamlining of procedures to provide an active on-going contribution to manage continuous improvement effectively across the CDO PMO and wider Performance team. Some Key responsibilities include:
The successful applicant will have the following key skills and attributes:
- Ensures appropriate guidance and governance provided for CBA's Group Delivery Framework (GDF) and the minimum standards including; project plans, status reports, risk and issue management, dependency management, change controls, decision coordination, and consistent audit trail performed over delivery assurance and project artefacts.
- Evaluate effectiveness of project management tools, processes and methodologies, and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Oversee and monitor Tribe, Portfolio, Program and Project Financials (ETC, EAC, Budget and Actuals) through Sequencing file and PPMC and or any sort of financial tracker reports to ensure resources are allocated and charging correctly, non resource cost is tracked and reported.
- Support Portfolio Managers and Tribe Leads to meet their month end and financial year end obligations
- Provide insight around underspend and overspend via forecasted cost vs budget to enable reforecasting on a Portfolio Level
- Keep PPMC tool up-to-date by capturing and maintaining CDO resource attributes to ensure accurate resource reporting (Timesheet Compliance, Utilisation, Supply and Demand and etc..)
- Maintain and review resource allocations regularly to support capacity planning and provide value-add insights to minimise and fulfil unmet demand
- Assist in providing insights via Portfolio Reports (Outstanding Timesheet Recovery, PPMC Data Quality, Portfolio Health Reports, Supply and Demand Report, Utilisation Report, Tribe and Portfolio Financial Management report.)
- Develop the PMO Confluence site to enable self service functionality
- Maintain and Update CDO Confluence Page regularly (Maintain existing CDO PM Processes and relevant documentations/pages in Confluence )
- Continuously improve On boarding and Off boarding processes via working with WMO
- Provide effective Audit function, QA and challenge over GDF and PPMC minimum standards such as work-plans, change controls, status reporting quality, milestones, risks, issues, dependencies by understanding the scope and deliverables of Portfolio Projects
- Effectively develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders such as Head of Tribe, Portfolio Delivery Managers, Solution Delivery Manager, PMs, BU Finance, and other Business and Enterprise Services representatives.
- Act as liaison between the Portfolio and stakeholders of portfolio governance functions as required
- Work with other Performance team as well as estimation team to ensure End to End Portfolio delivery and assurance are overseen
- Proactively highlight and, where appropriate, monitor, track and escalate key delivery risks and issues to the PDMs, PMs and CDO PMO Lead.
- Provide transparency to PMs, PgMs and PDMs re the intra and inter dependencies via Dependency register
- Proven project delivery experience
- Proven ability to engage and work with a variety of senior stakeholders;
- Hands on experience and ability to respect and work to deadlines with an eye for detail;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite of products (MS Word; Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Expert understanding of portfolio, project management and project delivery and governance
- Experience using MS Project, Planview
- Knowledge and experience in PMBOK, Scrum, Agile and using a Solution Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to leverage large data sets and turn them into actionable insights using Excel, PowerBI
If this role sounds of interest to you, please click apply now!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 24/10/2020