Principal/Senior Analyst - Superannuation focus
- Annual Salary
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- 10 Jul 18 2018-07-10
APRA is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Analyst/Principal Analyst with a superannuation focus to join our Specialised Institutions Division (SID).
- Be part of an organisation that protects the financial wellbeing of the Australian community
- Opportunity for flexible working arrangements in a workplace that values diversity, inclusion and work/life balance
APRA is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Analyst/Principal Analyst with a superannuation focus to join our Specialised Institutions Division (SID). SID is responsible for the prudential supervision of functionally specialised institutions, including smaller urban and regional financial institutions, general, life and private health insurers and superannuation firms.
As a Senior/Principal Analyst, you will undertake prudential supervision and risk assessment assignments across a defined group of supervised organisations in order to achieve the government and APRA’s objective of providing a prudentially sound financial system. You will work within a small team with responsibility for supervision of a portfolio of organisations.
About the role
The responsibilities include:
- Acquiring and developing a range of financial analysis and other supervisory skills to support high-quality analysis and risk assessment of supervised organisations
- Identifying issues and developments that may lead to serious problems for supervised organisations, and raising these as concerns before they manifest
- Assessing the quality of the supervised organisation’s management, strategies, practices and systems, and adapting the depth and focus of analysis accordingly
- Working with other analysts on the team to determine appropriate supervisory activity for organisations within your area of responsibility, and planning and preparing for interactions with these organisations
- Adapting your supervisory style and demonstrating flexibility of approach depending upon the nature of the organisation and any current risk issues
- Interacting with the organisations within your area of supervisory responsibility and building working relationships with key stakeholders to allow you to gain a good understanding of the organisation, and influence as required.
APRA offers unprecedented exposure to the Financial Services industry. You will work amongst a team of highly skilled professionals, to positively influence industry best practice and the stability of the Australian financial system. Within this environment, you will have the opportunity to contribute your analytical expertise, as well as expand your current skill set.
To be successful you will have experience in the superannuation sector, strong financial analysis, investigative and research skills, the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels of business and strong business acumen. You will have well-developed business writing skills, a keen eye for detail and solid organisational and priority management skills. A positive mindset and an energetic approach to problem solving with a willingness to offer new ideas and a fresh perspective are essential. Qualifications in finance-related disciplines are highly desirable.
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) is the prudential regulator of the financial services industry. It oversees banks, credit unions, building societies, general insurance and reinsurance companies, life insurance, private health insurers, friendly societies, and most members of the superannuation industry. APRA currently supervises institutions holding $6 trillion in assets for Australian depositors, policyholders and superannuation fund members.
APRA invests in contemporary technologies to enable our employees to achieve work life balance, via flexible working practices. We are dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaboration and continuous improvement.
APRA is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability status.
For a role statement and to apply, please visit our Careers Page at www.apra.gov.au. The closing date for applications is Friday, 20 July 2018. For further information or assistance, please e-mail email@example.com. Please do not apply to this e-mail address.
Applications for this role are to be submitted via the APRA website. To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' tab below which will direct you to the APRA site.